3 replies to this topic

#1 Cdnmoose13

Cdnmoose13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hi folks,

I am in need of some help, My dvd drive was grinding really bad, so I bought a BENQ Xbox 360 drive(not modded). I removed the old drive and placed the new drive in and connected it. I hooked everything back up and inserted a game. Then another game, here is what I get each and everytime. "To play this disc, put in an xbox 360 console. Do I have have to do something with the drive and the 360 before I can use it? Is there anywhere I can read on what to do. I have not found anything on the forums. Please help

Thanks in advance

Moose

#2 gdubchicago

gdubchicago

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Moose,

You'll have to do some research...but you'll either need to switch out the circuit boards (if your old drive is the same as the new), or you'll need to flash to keypass to the new drive.

Each Xbox has a "keypass" attached to the motherboard that must match up to the disk drive. For example. if you had a Hitachi before, the keypass is specific to that Hitachi (and more importantly), your specific Xbox.

If your old drive is available, you will need to access the keypass for that drive, so that you can "spoof" that keypass on your new BenQ drive. However, you will need to do some research on this topic, and will need a SATA connection, PC and Internet Connection to make it work.

I've never done it before - but I've run into the same issues as you with a BenQ drive, only for different reasons. Feel free to read my post, you might find more info.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=670012

-gdubchicago

#3 Cdnmoose13

Cdnmoose13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

Chicago - thanks for the info and point in the right direction. My old Drive is a 79fk so they are not the same then new one is a Benq

thanks

moose

#4 checker6

checker6

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Moose,

what you need to do is follow the 79fk hitachi tutorials for extracting the key.

http://team-xecuter..../hitachi_79.htm

Just do it without the ck3, you can just have the drive plugged in sata to computer and power to xbox instead of the kit.

after you get the key extracted using the raw dump, then you can copy that key into the benq firmware you download from xbins using firmware toolbox then spoof the benq firmware as hitachi 78fk+ or whatever the option is then write that back to the benq using dosflash16 from dos using iprep. Hope that helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users