X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hey everybody,

Not sure how many follow the stickied thread above, but the NES Xtras are released. These include datfiles for old and new roms and videos and artwork for over 1,170 roms that will match the rom name and should work after you run them through the datfiles.

Just click the banner in my sig....

We don't have an officially released emulator that supports dual previews yet, but that's all in the works.

Currently, we're working on a synopsis file to create an in-depth description of each game that you can view by pressing down on the right joystick in the game selection screen. These will include background on games, button definitions and hints. We're basically pulling information from other sites and allowing the user to pull that info up with the click of a button.

We could sure use some help getting that done.

Please check THIS THREAD if you're interested in helping with that in prep for the future release of the coolest NES emulator you've ever seen.

Later, and enjoy...
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 17 December 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#2 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:14 AM

great work Rx, you are such a completist, laugh.gif

i wish i had the time to do all the things you, madmab and others are doing man. dont think its not appreciated man cuz i def appreciate all you have done. things have been rough for me the last few months man , so much extra stuff going on, (alot uneeded).

Ive tried to sign in when i can and post some thoughts or feedback. Great work man, once i get some things taken care of id love to do some work with you and help you out.

biggrin.gif

XT-

#3 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hey buddy,

No worries man. I know you got some stuff to deal with now. How are things going for you in "real" life now? I hope they've gotten better.

Merry Christmas. Hope the Xtras make it just a little easier for ya to cope cool.gif

Maybe if things ever get straight for ya, you can lend a hand then.

Take it easy,
~Rx

#4 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Thanks! Your work is MUCH appreciated!

#5 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

Example of what a good synopsis must like (30 crc for this game smile.gif ):

dbb3bc30,0a6c7c31,c50f3f5d,3cd5f014,264bec35,ea6912b5,e694776b,2fa06ad0,5e341b40
,e3e3604c,8024c216,074e7f07,dfebfa84,c09e5ac5,47ac39f0,ed05fc88,d026babd,1e596e9
5,d3455b76,5201237d,aea233bd,243febf0,640a9c74,101973ec,722a4199,386014d2,a50517
5b,69e663ab,b5292f3d
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - The Manhattan Project
Release Year: 1992 US, 1991 JP
Genre: Beat-'Em-Up > Action
Developer: Konami
Players: 2
Surf's up, dude! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles make a little getaway to the Sunshine State. Until Shredder makes a major getaway with the entire island of Manhattan! His power hungry plot gets even more bogus when April O'Neil becomes part of the heist.

What a relaxing vacation. Not! Those mondo mutants must make waves to get back home to save April and Manhattan, and send Shredder on a one way trip to geeksville! So unless you want Shredder to ninja-kick sand in your face and make off with your best girl and your hometown, you better get busy. Squashing him once and for all will be no holiday.

Hints:

Stage Select
While on the title screen, press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, Start to activate the Stage Select!

Controls:

A Button: Jump, attack while holding B
B Button: Attack, Jab and Toss while holding Down
Start Button: Pause/Unpause, confirm selections
Select Button: Switch between selection on title menu

42 characters limit rule is break here!! Full name displayed!! It's boring to always see our roms names "cut off" like: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - The Ma(T fre).zip " or something like this

We must complete "entire letter" like rezx said;
like his, if megaman complete the "Z" nes games synopsis, i will just have to delete all the "z" file in the nes synopsis.txt then copy/paste the megaman work in it.

Don't forget, you can check if your game crc is in the list with winrar, (right click on a zipped rom, then "open with winrar archiver", the crc32 of your rom will appear on, the right.) If your crc isn't in my nes synopsis.txt, just manually add it.

Great thanks for the contributors of this great project, who will help all the emus lovers.

p.s.: You will notice i have put the precise release year now for each game, because the release year is different for us and jap.
GAMEFAQS.com has all the precise release years for EACH nes games; and all the precise game genre for EACH nes games too (just copy/paste it)
You know, if you put release year: 1987? you don't know if it's in the us or in japan
(I know i'm a pefectionnist)

Current status of the "nes synopsis.txt":

A-E: RezX!
F: not "purged" not completed
G: purged and completed!
H: Gilou9999 (me)
I-L: not purged not completed
M: Lawdog
N-R: not purged, not completed
S: RezX! cool.gif
T-U: Justgoonies!
V-W: not purged, not completed
X-Z: Megaman (?)!

Here is the nes synopsis with letter "G" completed inside

Letter G nes synopsis 18-12-2008.rar

Check here how the structure is if you want to help (even complete "one" letter is a huge task for nes)
(I know RezX will modify some display/order/infos when he will assemble all the letters)

Don't forget to go to
THIS THREAD

if you want details, please help us it's a project for everyone, we made some real hard efforts to bring you new stuff with madmab rezX and the others, so don't be just a "leecher", and help us to push the xbox to its ultimate limits

Edited by gilles9999, 20 December 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#6 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Thanks to all involved. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users