• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 volrath85

volrath85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

Hello. I'm new here, I screwed up my xbox 360 (Xenon board) today while trying to put a fan mod inside of it. Apparently I got some wrong information as to where to get 5V from the motherboard, and took it from the point J1F1, the first, squared hole, where there were supposed to be 5V. As soon as I booted the console up I got the RROD, code 0020. So, I turn it off and undo the mod. But anyway the console kept on booting to RROD 0020. So I decided to remove the x-clamps, and apparently was clumsy, cuz in the process lifted off by accident the component R7V4. Of course, I can't find it anywhere, being so small as it is, and now the console boots up to RROD 0002, my guess is that it has to do with that component.

The question is: can anyone tell me if this component is really a resistor, and if it is, what's its value? I'm really desperate here, thanks so much for reading this.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:54 AM

R7V4 is a 10k 0402 SMT Resistor.

#3 volrath85

volrath85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:08 AM

Thanks so much for the reply, I'll see where I can get it. Hopefully I won't have to save for another year for a new system... next time I'll just ignore my inner wishes and will never try to mod it again sad.gif

#4 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(volrath85 @ Dec 18 2008, 01:44 AM) View Post

Thanks so much for the reply, I'll see where I can get it. Hopefully I won't have to save for another year for a new system... next time I'll just ignore my inner wishes and will never try to mod it again sad.gif

no dont do that!!! if we all did that when we messed up there would be no modding scene. thats no fun! you just need to try a different mod i guess. there is something that suits you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users