Photo

A Correction On The "what Version You Had" Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darkheartsaint

Darkheartsaint

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 16 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

Here's how you tell what version you have:

STEP1:
-hold the case in front of you and look at the case
-Make sure there is good lighting so you can see well

STEP2:
-examine the color of the case

STEP3:
-if it's white you have a V1.0
-it it's not white you're not holding a 360

There is only one version/generation of the Xbox 360 so far, it's the version everyone has. There may be slight variations in some of the internal components, like the DVD drive, or memory brands, but those things do not define a new version or generation of the console.

If someone tell you they have a "2nd Gen" or "3rd Gen" Xbox 360 they're either ignorant or lying. There's no version that works better then another version... THERE IS JUST ONE VERSION; some work some don't.

When a new version of the hardware DOES surface, expect to see it on the XS news page, and this topic will be updated on how to tell.

Ummmmmmm......... I seem to be holding up a green halo 3 xbox 360. Not white, but is it still a 360? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe...... Still a one and only version numero uno, but colored different. Juuuuust had to be politically correct. Unless me eyes deceiveth, and china sold me a faulty 360. Nope, you're just an idiot. I thought it was sooooooo important to tell you this, I just had to sign up to tell you. I feel better. Oh, and the fact that the elite DOES have better a cooling system AND an update already on it means it's slightly better than it's even crappier predecessor.

#2 volrath85

volrath85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:35 AM

Well... I don't know if you noticed, but the date of that comment is actually March of 2006... quite old actually. Considering that by then the X360 had only around 4-5 months out, and no elite version existed.... and Halo 3 didn't existed... well, I guess he was right back then.

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

If ya feel like registering on a forum to post something helpful, which this really isn't by a long shot, doing it in an adult or polite manner is really the best way to go about it. Thank you for pointing it out and it's been removed for now until it can be updated.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users