#1 ghatway

ghatway

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

I have a BenQ with iXtreme 1.41 on it. I am very excited for iXtreme 1.5 to get here, as it is said to fix the load problems of backups on BenQ. Here is one quick question though...

I used DosFlash16 v1.3 to flash it with 1.41, and I wondering if I can do it with 1.5 as well.
I know I can't read the firmware, as you can't patch patched firmware. So will I just take my "orgin.bin" and patch it with iXtreme 1.5 and use DosFlash16 to execute the erase and write?

#2 Plug

Plug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(ghatway @ Dec 18 2008, 11:13 AM) View Post

I have a BenQ with iXtreme 1.41 on it. I am very excited for iXtreme 1.5 to get here, as it is said to fix the load problems of backups on BenQ. Here is one quick question though...

I used DosFlash16 v1.3 to flash it with 1.41, and I wondering if I can do it with 1.5 as well.
I know I can't read the firmware, as you can't patch patched firmware. So will I just take my "orgin.bin" and patch it with iXtreme 1.5 and use DosFlash16 to execute the erase and write?

Yes it will exactly be the same, only the liteon at first will require windows reflash not dos.
i would recommend you use dosflash 1.3b as sometimes 1.3 errors out on drive erazing.

wink.gif

when 1.5 comes all you would need to do is copy your key you backed up on the the firmware 1.5 and run the eraze command on your drive and then write. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users