1 reply to this topic

#1 vayle

vayle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hey,
Having a bit of a serious problem with my 360; when I turn it on fan starts going really really fast at least 5x as fast and loud as it did when I got it. After about 10 seconds of this everything goes to standby, the fan turns off, there's no video, there's no sound, and I have a 3 red lights on the front. This always happens no matter how hot the xbox. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(vayle @ Dec 20 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post

Hey,
Having a bit of a serious problem with my 360; when I turn it on fan starts going really really fast at least 5x as fast and loud as it did when I got it. After about 10 seconds of this everything goes to standby, the fan turns off, there's no video, there's no sound, and I have a 3 red lights on the front. This always happens no matter how hot the xbox. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

I guess you mean that you are getting 2 red lights which mean overheating, not 3...
If you have recently done the x-clamp replacement or taken the heatsinks of for something else make sure that you have applied the thermal compound properly and cleaned everything before.
Also make sure that the heatsinks are not blocked or so.

What would be helpful to identify the component that is overheating would be if you could get the secondary errorcode.
If it is 0011 the CPU is overheating, if it is 0012 it will be the GPU...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users