• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DubbaD

DubbaD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Picked up a Xbox 360 that was RROD for dirt cheap. Proceeded to do X-clamp fix successfully, and now the system boots like a champ, However, I ended up with a Unreadable Disc error/Open Tray issue. After doing tons of research, I decided to try to clean the drive motor, adjust pots settings, and so forth. Still no change however.

As a last resort, i decided to attempt key extraction from the drive, in the hopes to maybe get a Samsung, or Benq(which I have had awesome success with extracting/applying updayed firmware with), but the drive will not allow me to extract the key.

Is there any easy way to extract the key/transfer the PCB from the drive to another hitachi, or the key to another drive, if the drive is being faulty?

Any help/advice appreciated.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:02 AM

If you get another Hitachi you can just remove the pcb from the broken Hitachi and put it into a replacement one without any flashing. This will be a good way to test if it has a proper drive key for that console.

Too many times people come in here that GOT A DEAL on a 3rrod console and after fixing it ended up finding out that it had a drive that no longer contained a proper drive key for that console.

#3 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:09 AM

Word....Ranger. I recently had a customer who bought a refurbed 360 off of ebay to give to me to flash the drive. Except that he got screwed. He said that the guy offered him 90 day guarantee on repaired 360's. I said good, but then realized what's the use if the dvdrom doesn't contain the original key. He went ahead and bought it without really consulting me. I think these guys that do refurbs don't know about unique dvdkey for 360's to work. Either they know about it but still purposely try and sell the consoles anyways.

#4 DubbaD

DubbaD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

Thanks Ranger for the Advice. I knew the risks before getting the RROD system. Needless to say, the seller failed to mention any issues with the drive(lol) I will look into getting another drive for it.

Know of any good places to purchase a replacement drive, or any good ebay store sellers?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users