• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 natedawg417

natedawg417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hello, first and foremost thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been trying to flash my Hitachi v79 drive for a while now.

I'm trying to use the Podger mode B method from windows. I have the PortIO32 driver installed. However, no software I try will read which port my Hitachi v79 drive is connected. I have my drive plugged into my onboard SATA ports. I am powering it with the 360 connectivity kit.

I think my entire problem is that my SATA ports may not be compatible for flashing my drive, does anyone feel that is the problem? My computer is a Dell XPS-410, under storage controllers in my device manager it says: Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller, Microsoft: SCSInitiator, and SCSI/RAID Host Controller.

If anyone has any ideas as to what steps I should take next I would greatly appriciate it! Thank you in advance for reading or posting!

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi

Your v79 won't be detected until it's in modeB. What you need to do is run msinfo32 and go to the components/storage/SCSI and look at the addresses for the controllers in here.

Better still, if you have another SATA DVD drive (one for the PC), connect it to the same SATA port as you're trying to use for the Hitachi and run DOSFlash32. It should detect your drive and more importantly, tell you the address. You can then note this address (which won't change) and connect the v79 to it. From there, you should be able to get it into modeB.

#3 frozenballs

frozenballs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

hi i recently done one of mine i had to put into mode b with slax 2.1 ( as with any hitachi drive ) and booted windows up and i put the unlock79 folder into my c: directory as it would not work for me from anywhere else and just did it the same as a 78fk drive . try putting it into mode b via slax and see if your pc see's the drive that will confirm if your sata is working

this is the guide i used

http://team-xecuter..../hitachi_79.htm

Edited by frozenballs, 21 December 2008 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users