• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sammie

Sammie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

Hi there, I've got a question. Since a sort time I've got Atlantis 8.10 on my Xbox, now I tried DVD2Xbox on it but it doesn't work. It freezes on the logo. I did remove the old save game in the original dash but still doesn't work. Is there another way to back up games to my HDD ? Or does someone know this problem to solve.
HELP ME sad.gif

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Personally I just use XBMC to do the work. Load up the file manager, create a new folder in with the rest of your games, then just copy every thing on the disc in there. The white button is used to bring up the context menu file your command list, while the Y button can be used to highlight multiple files.

Some games have like a 50mb XBE file, can't remember what's it's called, "dashupdate.xbe" or something. No need to copy that one.

Not sure why DVD2XBox is no longer running, I've a vague memory that people reported similar issues getting other programs to run... They didn't update XBMC correctly. Installed the new version over the old without actually deleting the old copy first. Note that you also can't delete XBMC while you're running it (unless you start in "recovery" mode, which is done by holding white + Y as XBMC starts up).

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

..... but what about patching the .xbe to run from the hard disk? Does XBMC do the media patching?

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't think it does, since you mention it, but I've never had a problem in relation to that. To my understanding the hacked BIOS files used as standard these days handle the patching at runtime (these are used by both softmods and hardmods).

All I know is it works. If it didn't work, then I'd be motivated to look further into the issue. smile.gif

#5 Sammie

Sammie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

I tried that using XBMC for copying to the HDD but when I start the XBE it won't do anything actually...yeah a black screen after a while. And the the xbox just doesn't do anything anymore. Oh man...this really gives me a bad feeling because a year or 2 ago I could do anything with my xbox, now I'm looking for answers in the newbie forum. I feel like jester.gif .
Do you have another solution for me that I can try? Maybe transfer all the games that I want on my xbox via a network or so? It's just a few games that I want on it. Xbox2DVD was so easy to use btw, it did all the work for me "back in the days" wink.gif

#6 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

At this stage you should state your X-Box version, types of mods, yadda yadda...

#7 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

DVD2Xbox does indeed patch games to make them able to run from the hard drive, but current mods will do this on-the-fly. The more important reason for using DVD2Xbox is the patching for long filenames, which doesn't come up terribly often, but it could be an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users