Photo

Modded And Un-modded Consoles, Hardrive Swapping, Is It Safe?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lardinator

lardinator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

Basicly im thinking of buying a new xbox 360 core system which will not be modded and will only be used for online play with original games... and then with my old console (which has a hardrive) ill flash the firmware on the dvd drive so it'l play backup games- which from then on i will only use it to play backup games and never even plug it into live.

Ok so basically if i created backups of my original games and played these on my modded 360 with the hardrive in (to earn new achievements and save my same game files etc) and then when i wanted to play online i moved the hard rive onto my new un-modded core system, would this run any risk at all of my new un-modded console getting banned?

bearing in mind that i wouldnt try and load any arcade games or hacked savegames or w/e to the hardrive on the modded console, the only thing i would use the hardrive for on the modded console would be to save new achievements and savegames to my current gamertag as i progress through the games.

I've seen some posts relating to this in passing which suggested this would be ok and wouldn't get the new console banned, but before i go out and spend 130 i could do with some reassurance tongue.gif

pop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users