4 replies to this topic

#1 mindbomb

mindbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Yo

I have a (chinese region, I think) pre-modded 360 with modified DVD firmware on a samsung drive. I am able to play backup games.

Tried searching through the forums here but didn't get a definite answer...
I never opened the console (and don't really want to), I identified the drive through its tray shape, so it can be either MS25 or MS28. When I try to connect to live, it automatically asks me to update my console.

Few questions:
1. Will this update put me on a risk that my console will be banned from live? (recoginzing the modified samsung DVD firmware)??
2. What does this update do and why do I need it? Will it have any positive impact on gameplays?
3. What should I NOT do in order to prevent myself from getting banned?
4. Can I know which drive firmware revision I have?
5. Can I know which region my console is for sure?

thanks

#2 pipniga

pipniga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

This update is new NXE (New Xbox Experience), it's xbox new dashboard. You can try it. 98% you will not get banned with that update.

#3 mindbomb

mindbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(pipniga @ Dec 21 2008, 06:45 PM) View Post

This update is new NXE (New Xbox Experience), it's xbox new dashboard. You can try it. 98% you will not get banned with that update.

Yea, I read about the NXE, apart from the new "avatar" look - any significant updates that positively affect gameplay?
Will I be able to access live marketplace and other services with my console while no backup disc is inserted???

#4 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

if you dont know what version of firmware your Samsung has flashed to it and dont know if all your backups are stealth then you have a High risk of being banned. What I would do is open the 360 and read the firmware from the samsung drive to see what version you have and if it is older than 1.5 (comes out on 24th) then I would update it. Also I would use ABGX to check your backups to make sure they are stealth.

Edited by Antman1, 21 December 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#5 mindbomb

mindbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Dec 21 2008, 07:50 PM) View Post

if you dont know what version of firmware your Samsung has flashed to it and dont know if all your backups are stealth then you have a High risk of being banned. What I would do is open the 360 and read the firmware from the samsung drive to see what version you have and if it is older than 1.5 (comes out on 24th) then I would update it. Also I would use ABGX to check your backups to make sure they are stealth.

Let's say I just want to connect to live to download some casual games/demos and not play my backups (some pass as stealth and some don't, with xdvdmulleter).. Will I be able to do that with no disc in drive when using my older firmware? or the xbox console update is able to detect the "bad" firmware on the dvd even if no disc is inserted and ban me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users