• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xbox_etc

xbox_etc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

ok call me what you will i hooked my 0074FK hitachi LG drive power backwards or upside down what ever you call it and now my dvd drive wont respond at all. what happened to the drive and how do i fix it?
sad.gif

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

Your lucky if you can get that repaired, but it will mean some soldering on the Pcb board

-soso

#3 MODMANMIKE

MODMANMIKE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

hopefully u got ur key b4 u did that if not u r gonna have to send dvd board to someone to pull the key

#4 SimianEtza

SimianEtza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Dec 23 2008, 02:38 AM) View Post
Your lucky if you can get that repaired, but it will mean some soldering on the Pcb board

-soso

More likely the replacement of..

I can't see how on earth people can force that thing in upside down without even thinking, HEY, should this take so much effort? I mean, getting that thing in there upside down takes quite a bit of strength.. While it obviously shouldn't.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

The SST chip will need to be removed the get the key, it has to be dumped with an external programmer now as the drive is shot. PM me if you're in the US and need help with it.

#6 kipper2k

kipper2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(xbox_etc @ Dec 23 2008, 01:12 AM) View Post

ok call me what you will i hooked my 0074FK hitachi LG drive power backwards or upside down what ever you call it and now my dvd drive wont respond at all. what happened to the drive and how do i fix it?
sad.gif

Get yourself a Jewellers eye loupe and look at the circuit board close up, there are several resisters that may pop b4 serious damage is done to the board. It is possible that one of these "zero" ohm resister popped so you may be able to bypass with a strand of wire to get the key if you were not able to get it or even get it working. If you dont know how to solder then you can always ask someone to try to get the key for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users