• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:54 PM

Hi folks, heres a problem for you:

I tried the following set-up:

user posted image

And i get error 7 on bootup.

Is the way I have positioned my switches correct?

I really want to keep this order (DVD, then HD, then external DVD) because it makes the cabling easier and requires a shorter ide cable.

Please reply!...

Thanks...

#2 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:50 AM

Problem is jumper settings. When you use the Xbox dvd drive it should work. But when you switch to the other Liteon drive, you are now effectively changing the HDD from the Master position, to the slave position. The HDD has to be the master. Try putting the two dvd drives first, the the HDD.

#3 spgurley

spgurley

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:42 AM

??? i'm confused wacko.gif

#4 public_enema

public_enema

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (diablo996 @ Jun 20 2003, 03:50 AM)
Problem is jumper settings. When you use the Xbox dvd drive it should work. But when you switch to the other Liteon drive, you are now effectively changing the HDD from the Master position, to the slave position. The HDD has to be the master. Try putting the two dvd drives first, the the HDD.

It works!, I kept the order I had before (DVD,HD,DVD) but just set the HD from slave to master.

Im not sure why i set it to slave in the first place really - but now I have a sealed xbox, with an ide and power cable coming outside, where I can plug in an external DVD drive.

All I have to do to select between which DVD drive I want to be active - is flick a switch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users