5 replies to this topic

#1 Gucek

Gucek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hi.
Is there any other way besides Qwix to take advantage of that Avalaunche's BOOST mode?!? I'm guesing it's non-standard - so no other FTP client supports it?
As an alternate solution - is there any way to FTP upload/download files/folders with Qwix?

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

I never really saw a big difference when using Qwix in boost mode i have used a few different ftp clients too and they get pretty much the same speeds as Qwix. I have even used windows explorer and got preety much the same speed. The only thing I have noticed is the dash that you are in does effect speed and to me Unleashx is the best dash for ftp

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

@ steveo... qwix boost mode only works when using avalaunch as an ftp server. You will only see a difference when transferring many small files like roms.... and this difference can be huge.

@ Gucek.... only qwix is compatible with avalaunch's boost mode, standard ftp clients will not see a benefit from this.

Edited by StrictPuppet, 02 January 2009 - 01:44 AM.

#4 Gucek

Gucek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Just like I thought. Pity that there's no (even the simplest) FTP client included in Qwix, so we could use the boost mode not just only for ISO FTPing...

#5 blasfemaz1

blasfemaz1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

sorry to go off subject, but why can't i start my own thread? I want to post a question in this forum but I do not see the option to do that.

Does avalaunch have a built in saves manager? I have a folder on my computer with a bunch of saves from codejunkies. I was wondering if I could just share it, and get to it from the ava filemanager and if it would autodetect they are xbox saves.

I find that if I just extract them on my computer, then transfer them with the ava filemanager, the saves are always corrupt. The only way I can get them to work is if I use actionreplay and load them with the ms dash.

#6 Guitarzan01

Guitarzan01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Xboxing, computering, music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Get FileBooster
Simple FTP client capable of pushing files to the Avalaunch(info) dashboard (or other xbox software compatible with avalaunch's boostmode) at blazing speeds of 10-11 mb/sec. Now you can upload your AVI's, JPG's, MP3's or whatever you like with boostmode.
This little application was prototyped and developed in less than 2 hours so don't judge it too hard if it has bugs or are missing features.
FileBooster.zip

Edited by Guitarzan01, 20 January 2009 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users