• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GodlyPaladin

GodlyPaladin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

I've read a lot of tutorials on Xboxhdm but I still have some questions pertaining to my specific setup.

I have an Xbox with the latest dashboard. I did an SiD exploit through Mechassault to load UnleashX, at which point I installed XBMC and started emulating, streaming, etc. I now have bought a WD3200AAJB hard drive and I want to install it so I can run my Xbox collection with faster load times and no discs.

All that said, I have some questions.

1) What exactly do I need off the E:\ drive? I have the eeprom.bin backed up to the proper folder and the entire C:\ drive copied, but the E:\ drive is a lot bigger than a CD-R...something like 4 GBs. Is it okay to to burn an xboxhdm ISO to a DVD-R? Will that boot? And if it must be a 700MB CD-R, what do I need from the E:\ drive? The TDATA folder? UDATA?

2) What are the correct jumper settings for this hard drive I'm putting in? Looking at WD's schematics, I can't decide if it should be Dual (Master) or Single (Standard Installation).

3) Is Unleash X able to get me the extra space on this 320 GB HDD? Doesn't it need to expand the F:\ drive or something?

I know that's a lot of words, but I'd really love some help. Thanks tons, guys.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:39 AM

1. I'm not familiar with SID folder structure, where is the dash location? If it's on E drive, it needs to be on the CD as well.

2. TDATA and UDATA will be recreated on the xbox. You could add the folders to the CD if you have space to spare.

3. No harm trying DVD but xboxhdm is picky on the hardware it works on.

4. Use xbpartitioner to partition any partition bigger than 256Gb.

5. Read my sig - on hdd upgrade options. There are other choices apart from xboxhdm.

#3 GodlyPaladin

GodlyPaladin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

Thanks, Idots.

One more question: let's say I jack this up. I assume I can just put my old 8GB stock HDD back in and all will be well, since it isn't touched at all. But what about my new one? Can it be ruined somehow, or is the new drive always recoverable with a format, whatever?

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

As long as you keep the eeprom.bin file you can always unlock the drive. Use option 3 on Xboxhdm to lock and unlock the drive. That was a costly lesson for me when I first started.

The drive should be set to master or cable select. Most choose master but I have found either works.

As stated before, leave the Udata and Tdata folders out of the Xboxhdm disk. After you have the drive running in the Xbox then FTP them over. I do that quite often.

Again, as stated before, use Xbpartitioner to format the F and G drives to 32k clusters after getting the drive in and before you put anything on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users