• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 connieboy

connieboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

I have read that if you install macdrive to a usb hard drive you can then use it to run hd films via your 360,
does this also apply to a 16gb usb flash drive? And are there any certain hard drives that are recommended
for connecting to youe 360 for said purposes.
I'm looking at this option and would like to get a hard drive so need to know if there are ones to avoid.
Cheers
Con

#2 thr4773r

thr4773r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Considering that, for instance, 160GB USB external Hard drives can be had for 59 or less dollars, is it really worth getting a 16GB flash drive for HD movies?

A 16GB drive wouldn't be worth the value that a larger drive would be, for just a little more money. Plus, sometimes the flash drives are a little edgy when formatting.

#3 connieboy

connieboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Point taken
will any usb hard drive work?? ie normail hard drive or sata hard drive???
So i take it when i get a hard drive i would install macdrive to my pc, then format the usb drive with the macdrive software and it will be a matter of drag and dropping the movie files to usb drive.
then connect drive to xbox and its good to go.
Does it matter what pc i use with macdrive as i have pc running xp and laptop running vista
Cheers
Con

Edited by connieboy, 30 December 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#4 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

FAT32 only.

#5 Ryououki

Ryououki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

The XBox360 can read FAT, FAT32, and HFS+. You can use any USB storage device.

Takashi, don't spread wrong information.

You can get around the 4GB file size limit that FAT32 has, by using HFS+. That is where MacDrive comes into play if you have a Windows based system. Just install MacDrive on your Windows PC, use it to create an HFS+ partition on the drive and you can now read/write files on the hard drive in HFS+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users