• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

I've had a modded xbox for a couple years now. The only thing I know how to do on it is burn games from discs onto the hdd. On my dashboard I see there's an Emulators tab, I click on it and nothing is there. I don't have the first clue about how to get any kind of emulators on the console, or any games. I've read the noob thread thats pinned and I'm still lost. What are the first steps I have to do to get these emulators on my console. How do I get them on the console? Do I burn them to a cd rom and put it in the drive? I have nooooo idea lol. please help. dont flame me. The main systems i want is SNES, sega genesis, n64, and possibly ps2. I mainly want SNES and N64. Thanks guys. sorry for the pathetic post. unsure.gif

#2 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:43 AM

in short :

1 - Hook up crosslink cable between your pc and your xbox

2 - read the faq on how to connect your pc to your xbox with an ftp program (not that difficult)

3 - read the xbins faq on how to get on xbins.
(get mirc program and visit xbins chat, talk to bot and get info to connect, then with ftp program connect to xbins server and get files)

4 - unzip emulator into a dir

5 - connect to your xbox via ftp program

6 - copy neogenesis directory into your emulators dir (so that its F:\emulators\neogenesis\default.xbe ) (or wherever your emulators dir is)

7 - copy roms in f:\emulators\neogenesis\roms\
(may be zipped or unzipped but not rarred or 7zipped or any other form of compression)

8 - reboot xbox and start neogenesis from your emulators section of your dashboard.

9 - do it more often and learn how the xbox thing works

10 - become amazing at it and replace your crummy outdated dashboard with the latest amazing version of XBMC with the 360 skin and rejoice

11 - Admit that you're really Bill Gates and write me a fat check so i can retire.
maybe.. train some kids to take over my task as amazing answering person..
a whole.. squad of VampX's so to say..

#3 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:53 AM

I think you came to the right place cool.gif

First off, it is possible to get all those emulators on the box, except PS2. You can, on the other hand, get PSX.

You can put them on a cd or put them on the hdd. I keep everything on the hdd so it is easier and I don't have to mess with cd's. Just file transfer your stuff over to the xbox or burn it onto a cd.

You need to get the emulators, do some reserch here to learn about different ones. You are on your own getting the emulators and the roms. (can't discuss where to get them here) (Google is your best friend) L
ook up Surreal 64 for (N64), and ZSNEXBOX (SNES).

Basically, If you put them in the right directory on your hdd, with the roms in the right folder for each. Each emulator will appear in the list on your dashboard, in the section labeled "Emulators".

How big is your hdd? Have you worked with emulators before? Research this stuff and you'll be able to figure it out.
Don't sweat it man, these guy will help you. You have been missing the best part of xbox modding! cool.gif

PS. I wrote this before I saw Vamp's comment. Yeah what he said biggrin.gif . You make me laugh VampX

#4 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

oh wow awesome. so how does it work? Id rather burn the emulators to a data disc. however, I download the emulator for say snes, then what? burn it on a data cd and pop it in my xbox and transfer? i saw a kid on youtube used a program called flash fxp, and i guess he had his xbox connected to his computer. and as for the emulator. i think i found a site to download it. so after i download it, do i have to unzip it? or just burn the zipped file on the disc then worry about unzipping it on the xbox? lol thanks guys. laugh.gif

and honestly i dont even know what size the hard drive is. maybe 300gb or more? I have like 10-15 full xbox games on it and i think i have a good bit of memory left. its an xecuter mod chip. avalaunch dash. and in the bottom right corner it says "Alpha v0.49.1" my guess its a old "crummy" version as vampx said. since the console is a couple years old already. lol.

#5 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

It has to be unzipped, to work.
Unzip the emulator, within the folder, there will be multiple folders. One of them will be named "roms", put your roms in there, (zipped or unzipped).

If you want, put the folder now on a cd and burn it.

go in to your xbox file explorer and copy the emu folder to a directory of your choosing. (probably: e:\emulators\ or
f:\emulators\.

Once it is copied, either restart your system or go into the folder and launch the "default.xbe"

Your emu will load up and should now show up on the dashboard. cool.gif

If you have a hdd that big, than you should have no problem with it. You might run into your xbox not reading a cd -r, depending on which version you have, but dvd-r's should always work fine.

#6 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

do i unzip the ZsnexBox_2.99b1 on the computer or on the xbox?

i unzipped it and it went into the folder, i went into the roms folder and there's nothing there, just a file called "placeholder"

#7 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:09 AM

the problem is i downloaded what i think is the emulator and here its like 33.8 mb .....im soo lost!

#8 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

It must be unzipped to work, so, do it on the computer first.
The roms folder is empty, because you don't have any roms yet. You must get those manually,
After you get the roms you want, put them in that folder ("roms") and burn the whole thing
("ZsnexBox_2.99b1") to your disk.
Then, simply copy the whole folder, ("ZsnexBox_2.99b1") to your "e:\emulators" directory.

EDIT: no, that is the emu by its self. you're good.
EDIT 2: -33.8 mb is fine.

Edited by Mega Man (?), 30 December 2008 - 06:18 AM.

#9 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

okay. so the size of that folder is fine at 33.8? i thought it should be bigger than that. ill look for roms now.

#10 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Supra from Hell @ Dec 30 2008, 07:51 AM) View Post

okay. so the size of that folder is fine at 33.8? i thought it should be bigger than that.

I already find 33megs to be quite large for an Emulator, most are like 5 megs.

#11 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

can you use roms off of this site i have...its a computer site... are roms roms? no specifics for computers or not?

#12 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

Roms are roms, Yes they are universal. just make sure they are for the right system

EDIT: zsnexbox 3.5 is the latest.

Edited by Mega Man (?), 30 December 2008 - 06:36 AM.

#13 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:25 AM

idk, i earched zsnexbox and it came up and i downloaded it...it also says somethin about it on this link http://www.xbox-scen...klZhSBxbHJs.php

#14 Supra from Hell

Supra from Hell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

well, i got the snes emulator to work and have over 30 games on it smile.gif just curious as to how I add more roms to the emulator. since i burned the cdr and burned it from that onto my hard drive, i didnt get to put the emulator right where it says emulator on my dashboard. instead i have to go to the file manager and go into the F drive and into "dvd2xbox003" where the emulator folder is that i created. so how do I add more roms to that emulator? thanks guys! this forums is numero uno for mod advice!

#15 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

You don't have an emulator directory in drive e: or f: ? Try and go make a new folder in drive: e: inside the file explorer. Name it "emulators" and then put your zsnexbox emu folder into the "emulators" folder.
The emulator should show up on your dashboard under "emulators" now. (always restart the box). If not, try the same thing, but this time in drive f.

You can get more roms by grabing some more and putting them on a disk again. Then just copy those roms into the "roms" folder located in the emulator folder, where ever you put it on your box. (but like I said, put the zsnexbox folder in your new "emulators" folder first. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users