• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fatisfun6

fatisfun6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:59 AM

OK I HAVE, WELL AM GETTIN IN LIKE A WEEK OR SO AN XBOX WITH A FLASHED BIOS OR SOMETHING IM NOT TOTALLY SURE. WHT I WANT TO DO IS HAVE THE BIG X IN THE MIDDLE BE LIKE BLACK AND THEN THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TO BE NEON GREEN, THEN I WANT THE JEWEL THING TO BE LIKE JUST AN X, NOT THE WORD XBOX JUST AN X AND I WANT THE X TO BE LIT WITH NEON GREEN, AND I ALSO WANNA PUT IN A SWITCH FOR XBL AND ALSO I WANNA PUT IN LIKE A 100GB HARD DRIVE, WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO DO. PLEASE HELP IM A TOTAL NEWBIE.

#2 L3e

L3e

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:14 AM

Ok, this first thing you need to do is turn off caps lock wink.gif
Then check out these links:

Xbox Modding tutorials: http://www.xbox-scen...m/tutorials.php
- HDD replacement tutorial
- Tutorial for mod-chip switchs
- Lots of other great tutorials

Skins/Jewels/Lighting: http://www.mastermods.com
- Lots of jewel replacements
- Large selection of skin colors
- Two differnt versions of easy to install and use lighting systems

Custom Skins/Jewlels: http://www.xbskins.com
- Jewel replacements
- Large selection of skin colors and I believe they will even customize a skin with whatever you want on it.

Modding gallery to get an idea of some of the things you might want to do with your xbox: http://www.xb-t.com

Hope that helped biggrin.gif

Edited by L3e, 20 June 2003 - 03:16 AM.

#3 Glycerine

Glycerine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:15 AM

Well first things first.

The first rule in modding an xbox is TURNING OFF THE CAPS LOCK KEY
The second rule in modding an xbox is TURNING OFF THE CAPS LOCK KEY!

Ok, now we've got that out of the way wink.gif

For God's sake read the tutorials section of www.xbox-scene.com. ALL of them that even remotely relate to what you want to do. I just modded my first xbox and read everything i could. Lurked around in here, reading up on others' experiences. I'm proud to say my first install went flawlessly thanks to the folks here and those that wrote the tutorials.

If you don't feel comfortable doing ANY of this, please find someone else to do it for you. Luckily I went through college as an electrical engineer so I had the tools available already. If you don't, it's best to find someone who does. You could risk turning your xbox into a $180 paperwieght. On to recommendations:

Ok, since you're a self confessed total noob, i'd recommend waiting till the end of the month (just over a week!) and get the Xecutor 2.1lite+. Note the little + there. Make sure you get that one. It is the no solder chip, excellent for noobs. It also comes with a switch for disabling the chip so you can play xbox live.

Harddrive. Go get the maxtor 120gig with 8mb cache. It is pretty much universally guaranteed to work and most importantly LOCK. You have to lock your harddrive in order to play on xbox live.

Paint and Jewel. Do yourself a favor and order a jewel like you want from one of the shops linked from this website. Easier that way. For the paint, I'd really recommend getting a skin if this is your first mod and you can't afford to screw it up. Paint it if you want to, but buy Krylon Fusion paint in the color you want. No priming needed for plastic. Just spray it on. Get someone with some experience painting to help you out if you don't feel comfortable doing it.

BIOS - You're on your own kid =) But if you're a little resourceful you can find where to get them

Edited by Glycerine, 20 June 2003 - 03:19 AM.

#4 spgurley

spgurley

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:48 AM

i'll try to help you if i can:

my email is:
spgurley@attbi.com

my AIM is:
Spgurley7

Just for the record, my name is Steve p Gurley, that is where i got this "spgurley" shit just incase you were wondering

#5 fatisfun6

fatisfun6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 06:15 AM

ok im not a total noob, ive been on the ps2 scene for a looooonnnnngggg time and i kinda know some of the dl on xbox, yes i would like the no solder chip, how much is it or will it be and where can i get it at, and does it have all the good features of other ones, and also wheres a cheap place to get a big harddrive, and i think painting is the last thing cause i wanna know if it would be cheaper to buy an xbox with all this done or just buy all the stuff and do it myself, thanks and i look forward to the info

#6 fatisfun6

fatisfun6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 06:30 AM

ok well heres the full downlow

I got roughly 300 dollars to spen

I Want

An Xbox and all wires and crap

2-4 Controllers

A good mod chip or a flashed bios or whatever, somethign i can do by myself would be good too

a good hard drive

a switch so i can play xbox live without gettin caught, (question. if i start a game up with my mod and then when its on turn off my mod and then can i play xbox live safely)

all the apps and stuff that i need

the cable so i can dl stuff from mypc to my xb

you think i can get all that for 300 or less

#7 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 June 2003 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (fatisfun6 @ Jun 29 2003, 02:30 AM)
ok well heres the full downlow

I got roughly 300 dollars to spen

I Want

An Xbox and all wires and crap

2-4 Controllers

A good mod chip or a flashed bios or whatever, somethign i can do by myself would be good too

a good hard drive

a switch so i can play xbox live without gettin caught, (question. if i start a game up with my mod and then when its on turn off my mod and then can i play xbox live safely)

all the apps and stuff that i need

the cable so i can dl stuff from mypc to my xb

you think i can get all that for 300 or less

you can not do all of that for 300. maybe if you axe the hard drive and use the stock for a little while you can.

you can get a used xbox for 150.
chip should run no more than 50.
more controllers about 20-30 dollars apiece.
depending on the modchip, it might already have switches, so this might not be needed.
youre looking at about 250+ without adding in the hard drive yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users