• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 squig

squig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

hi, sorry if this is already posted here somewhere. been looking around but havent found much. Forgive me my ignorance but ive only been reading up on xbox hacks for the last day or so.

So im gonna buy a new xbox which will have the iextreme 1.5 fw installed. Lite-on drive.

Im wondering how to actually backup the games.

ive only found 2 methods which seem to be doable without having to use the xbox drive itself (which im not even sure will work with the lite-on drive).

1. using a samsung dvd (SH-D162C or SH-D163A) coupled with a firmware hack. Ive been looking for this drive but it seems to have gone out of stock with vendors.

2. removing the case of a dvd reader/writer coupled with using a program called wxripper and a swap trick.
Now this method i could probably do but it looked kinda old so I was thinking that perhaps these backups wont work with the iextreme fw since they have to be stealthed?

3. Ive found a store which sells samsung drives from actual 360s flashed with a ripping fw. They are qutie expensive tho so id rather not use this method.

this is what ive found.

While im at it id also like to ask another question.

Loading games from the hd seems really nice so I was wondering if I can update the dashboard thro xbox live when the machine is flashed? Or will that result in an instant ban or worse, a brick?

Edited by squig, 30 December 2008 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

all those method work but the ripper version isnt suggested... also go ahead and do the update. it will not harm the firmware hack.

#3 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(squig @ Dec 30 2008, 03:22 PM) View Post

2. removing the case of a dvd reader/writer coupled with using a program called wxripper and a swap trick.
Now this method i could probably do but it looked kinda old so I was thinking that perhaps these backups wont work with the iextreme fw since they have to be stealthed?

this will be of no use, because you still need a drive capable of extracting the SS and stealth files. Those drive are your option 1 and 3 tongue.gif , and if you have that you do not need Wxripper anymore since you can do complete backups.
Was great but not viable anymore.

in short Kreon or a X360 samsung/benq

soso

#4 squig

squig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

aw that wasnt good.

What may be tho is that i found a shop which has the sh-d162D in stock (read: not theSH-D162C).
Now the post on the forum which mentioned the two drives in my orginal post is really old so perhaps theres a kreon firmware for this drive abailable?

Is there a list of which drives can use the hacked fw for ripping? I already have a dvd write from samsung in my pc, its a newer model tho with a sata connector. (i dont have the model nr at hand atm)

Edited by squig, 30 December 2008 - 11:06 PM.

#5 squig

squig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

ive must have gone blind coz I cant seem to find the edit button tongue.gif

ok so ive done some more research and found a site hosting

"- [download] Kreon Firmware v1.00 for Samsung SH-D162C drives
- [download] Kreon Firmware v1.00 for Samsung SH-D162D drives
- [download] Kreon Firmware v1.00 for Samsung SH-D163A drives
- [download] Kreon Firmware v1.00 for Samsung SH-D163B drives"

(not sure if im allowed to can link to other sites)

good thing is that Ive found shops selling two of these drives.

SH-D163B and SH-D162D they dont cost much either. So do they have any advantages over each other?
Since my motherboard only have 1 ide connector sata would be more convenient. (SH-D163B is apparantly a sata drive)

Ty for all your help so far.

#6 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:12 AM

these two are simply the newer version of the other two that are now not produced anymore.

only real difference is the 163 is sata, the 162 is IDE.

soso

#7 squig

squig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

alright then. think im set. thx alot for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users