• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:SlipKnot
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

hey guys,

the computer i have was given to me by my grandpa because he said that it would not burn cd's or dvd's. so after i tookk the computer off his hands i found out he was right. but its a really weird problem... both drives read discs perfectly, but when i try to burn one, it says "please insert a disc into drive". so i went out and bought me a new dvd drive for burning backups, put it in my computer, installed the drivers, and same error. tried reinstalling windows, tried ubuntu, nothing seems to work. any suggestions?

#2 sarbo

sarbo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like you're using the wrong media. Some drives won't burn on anything but RW discs, some need +R, some -R. Your new burner should have info with it that states what media it can use.

Edited by sarbo, 02 January 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#3 Sic Of Life

Sic Of Life

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

ive used everything from cd-r's which is what it says on my cd drive to dvd+r dl's which is what it says on my dvd drive and still no luck

#4 Sic Of Life

Sic Of Life

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

fixed the problem, had to flash drive with another drives firmware. oh by the way you were right about me using the wrong discs. in my manual it says it can only use dvd+r but now after i flashed it it reads -r's too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users