• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WarJohns

WarJohns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Alright, so today I finally get done flashing my g3120 (Hitachi - LG 47d) DVD rom and all that. I put my console back together (I used team Xecuters Connectivity Kit v2). So I put it back together and my first game (MK v DC UNV) works fine. Only problem is, my HDD isnt seen, Gamer Tag is gone and I have no way of saving my files or anything or recovering the Gamer Tag and such.

Does anyone have any clues of what I need to do or what I did wrong or how to fix it? Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but it is a technical issue with the HDD. Thanks.

#2 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

that is odd.... what all did you try to remedy this?

#3 WarJohns

WarJohns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

I havent tried much of anything except powering it down, taking it out and checking it, reinserting it and powering it up. Everything looks to be good with it as far as physically.

#4 WarJohns

WarJohns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions that I may try please?

#5 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

you may have shorted something there. open it all back up and look for anything that shouldnt be.

#6 WarJohns

WarJohns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

Thanks. Ill give it a try later today and do that. IF not, it may be time to get a new HDD sad.gif

#7 wareagleau

wareagleau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

Alright I opened it back up and I didnt see anything shorted at all. I even tried using a new WD BEVS drive (120GB) with no luck. I think I may have friend the SATA connection cable inside the shell itself. Could it be that when I flashed my DVD firmware, I didnt take it out of ModeB or should I have left it in mode b?

#8 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(wareagleau @ Jan 9 2009, 10:44 PM) View Post

Alright I opened it back up and I didnt see anything shorted at all. I even tried using a new WD BEVS drive (120GB) with no luck. I think I may have friend the SATA connection cable inside the shell itself. Could it be that when I flashed my DVD firmware, I didnt take it out of ModeB or should I have left it in mode b?

mode b has nothing to do with it. sounds like you need to make your HDD internal now. if it works on the mobo.

#9 wareagleau

wareagleau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

What do you mean make internal? And also, since the Computer sees my HDD (The hacked one) then I should make it internal? How do I do that?

#10 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

internal like wire the hdd directly to the mobo. but this will only if its the EXTERNAL connector that you fcked up and not the one on the mobo. in which case you may be fcked. but i doubt its that part.

#11 wareagleau

wareagleau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:09 AM

I see. I know that my 20GB hitachi isnt seen on my pc, even using WXHDD. Is there a tut on how to do this?

And by tut on how to do this, I mean by soldering it onto the board.

Also one other thing, I have a 120GB HDDSS.BIN file to flash my WD BEVS 120 drive but everytime I go to reboot and HDDHACKR -f it still asks me if I want to format saying the firmware doesnt match when the program tells me that the drive and the hddss.bin matches up. Any ideas for that?

#12 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(wareagleau @ Jan 10 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

I see. I know that my 20GB hitachi isnt seen on my pc, even using WXHDD. Is there a tut on how to do this?

And by tut on how to do this, I mean by soldering it onto the board.

Also one other thing, I have a 120GB HDDSS.BIN file to flash my WD BEVS 120 drive but everytime I go to reboot and HDDHACKR -f it still asks me if I want to format saying the firmware doesnt match when the program tells me that the drive and the hddss.bin matches up. Any ideas for that?

Well if you connected your 20gb hdd up to your computer thats why its not working. There is a problem after you acess your files on the computer to transfer to your 120gb bevs. Try to flash the hdd like it is telling you.

#13 wareagleau

wareagleau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

Well, I had to get the refurb 20GB unit and use that SATA/Power connector as I apparently fried the one on the one I had along with the HDD. So Im kosher to go now. Thanks for the help guys.

As far as the drive formating and flashing goes, others have had the same problem as me and yet it works fine for them. I did it like it said on several occasions and it always says it doesnt match in sector 16. However, I will hook it up later and see if it is good to go and come back and let ya;ll know.

Edited by wareagleau, 11 January 2009 - 03:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users