#1 Infin1ty

Infin1ty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:19 AM

Sup..

I were gonna ask some questions over at the modding forum but already after my first post there were some people that were dizzing me, so I thought, this is the newbie forum after all, so I can't go wrong here right?

I was wondering if you knew of some good soldering tutorials, could be good to start practising on something before I actually attempt to solder my xbox/ps2/controllers.
Even though I'm new to this I am going to complete my project that I presented at the modding forum, for you who read that. I just need to learn the stuff on my way! smile.gif
Also, would somebody know a good way to practise soldering?

As I've read pretty many posts on these forums I've understood that there's alot to learn, really seems that you need to be good with electrical stuff. Sometimes I listen (irl) to conversations between some of my friends (they are modders) and it sounds like a foreign language to me. It's like "yeah so I tok the 3:5 over to the HDD yellow, crossing the tuner without destorying it, then I installed the bla bla bla".
I doubt there actually is but; is there any place on the net where you can learn these stuff? I thought that a good idea would be to start learning what everything in a computer does, right?
But also I need to learn to understand electrical schemes and so on, I have no idea what it is when I look at those stuff. So if someone could be kind enough to hook me up with a nice site or something that would be great!

Altough some people (like me) are new to these stuff you shouldn't disrespect or doubt us, you've all been here once too and I'm sure there were someone nice to help you get started, so why don't you be that person yourself now?

Also; "Nothing is impossible, you just found 10 000 ways that wasn't working" - can't remember who said that, but it's wise words. biggrin.gif

#2 noobjob

noobjob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:33 AM

I were gonna ask some questions over at the modding forum but already after my first post there were some people that were dizzing me, so I thought, this is the newbie forum after all, so I can't go wrong here right?

If you dont use the search button then you will get flamed here to.

I was wondering if you knew of some good soldering tutorials, could be good to start practising on something before I actually attempt to solder my xbox/ps2/controllers.
Even though I'm new to this I am going to complete my project that I presented at the modding forum, for you who read that. I just need to learn the stuff on my way! 
Also, would somebody know a good way to practise soldering?

I don't know which project you are talking about but there is a great tutorial here. and here about soldering.

As I've read pretty many posts on these forums I've understood that there's alot to learn, really seems that you need to be good with electrical stuff. Sometimes I listen (irl) to conversations between some of my friends (they are modders) and it sounds like a foreign language to me. It's like "yeah so I tok the 3:5 over to the HDD yellow, crossing the tuner without destorying it, then I installed the bla bla bla".
I doubt there actually is but; is there any place on the net where you can learn these stuff? I thought that a good idea would be to start learning what everything in a computer does, right?
But also I need to learn to understand electrical schemes and so on, I have no idea what it is when I look at those stuff. So if someone could be kind enough to hook me up with a nice site or something that would be great!

if they really are your friends then ask them ?'s when you don't understand and do alot of listening. the best way to learn is to ask and do.

hope that helps somewhat biggrin.gif

Edited by noobjob, 20 June 2003 - 08:37 AM.

#3 Infin1ty

Infin1ty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:57 AM

Yeah thanks a bunch!

Altough the "rule" about flaming people is just childish! dry.gif

And I would ask my friends if it wasn't for the fact that they sent me here in the first place when asking queestions, some friends huh? laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll just ask along the way when there is a discussion I don't understand, probably with the risk of getting flamed which is just silly, I can't understand why flaming people would get you anywhere, it doesn't pay off to be rude to each other...
Aagain thanks for your reply!

#4 noobjob

noobjob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Infin1ty @ Jun 20 2003, 04:57 AM)
Yeah thanks a bunch!

Altough the "rule" about flaming people is just childish! dry.gif

And I would ask my friends if it wasn't for the fact that they sent me here in the first place when asking queestions, some friends huh? laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll just ask along the way when there is a discussion I don't understand, probably with the risk of getting flamed which is just silly, I can't understand why flaming people would get you anywhere, it doesn't pay off to be rude to each other...
Aagain thanks for your reply!

The reason people flame is because they get tired of answering the same ?'s over and over again and the answer is ether in the tut or the same ? was asked 3 threads ago (yes I have seen this).

anyway good luck and if I were you I'd flame my so called friends for not answering my ?'s laugh.gif beerchug.gif

#5 Fokus

Fokus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:21 AM

I got a shit load of good soldering tutorials that I found elsewhere on the net...

check these out

http://www.irational...dio/solder.html
http://www.mtechnolo...atoz.htm#table1
http://www.elexp.com/t_solder.htm
http://www.geocities...ring.htm#amount
http://www.elexp.com/sdr_work.htm

hope that helps ya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users