• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

I got a softmodded Xbox and I was having the the cluster problem over 256gb so I used xboxpartition to fix it. However, when I did that, instead of just repartitioning the F+G drive, I managed to erase everything.

Everything. The xbox boots just to a screen with Evox spinning and I can look through some settings, but thats all. I have FTP access and when I look through the drives, there is not much there. In fact, I cant even find a dashboard.xbe file, so I dont even know where its booting from.

My ultimate goal is to get XBMC back up and my default dashboard, but I dont know what I need to put where. I think I might need to use an exploit, however, the stuff I read on this site seems to posted a while ago, so I dont really know what the most up to date procedure is to get this done. Any help is appreciated.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:06 AM

You don't need an exploit - your box is still modded, but you've deleted the primary dash when you reformatted the E partition.

Do you know how your Xbox was modded? If it was done with Krayzie then use CASH to repair the softmod. If it was done with Kingroach then run Kingroach again and ftp the resulting E files across to your E.

If you don't know which softmod you have then CASH might also work - but read the documentation carefully, especially the warnings!

You can tell Krayzie and Kingroach apart by what's on the C partition. Krayzie has these directories:

Audio
dualboot
filler
fonts
media
nkpatcher
rescuedash
xb0xdashdata.185ead00
xodash

Kingroach has these:

Audio
bios
fonts
media
shadowc
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash

....but whatever you decide to do, boot with CASH and take a backup of your eeprom first.

#3 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

any advice on key words to google to find this program?

googling cash, xbox and mod just gets me craigslist postings.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

CASH

#5 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

So I got CASH and I performed teh full install changing my dash to XBMC.

Doesnt seem to work. It still always boots to that Evox screen.

I have no idea where its booting from. Like I said, I got rid of everything. When I was using FTP to look around, there was not a file in any drive (prior to using CASH). So whereever this is booting from, its still looking there before where CASH put all its stuff.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

It looks as though it's booting from the rescue dash on the real C, which probably means it's looking for the primary dash somewhere that CASH doesn't know about!!

Boot with Frosty's rescue disc and have a look at the contents of your real C. Compare it with the listings earlier, and see if it matches either of them. Post back with what you find.

#7 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Heres whats on the C

audio
bak
fonts
media
multilaunch
nkpatcher
rescuedash
xb0xdashdata.185ead00
xodash
eeprom.bin
msxboxdash.xbe
shadowc.img
xboxdash.xbe

Doesnt really match either one of those you posted earlier...

#8 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

Also, I used CASH to install XBMC, but I dont see that folder on the C or E drives.

#9 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:14 AM

You should be booting from the Xboxdash.xbe on the C drive. The MSXboxdash.xbe would load the standard MS Dash.

The easiest way for me to tell you how to load XBMC is below. However, there may still be problems with your mod.

FTP XBMC to the E drive. Put it in the E:\Apps\ folder so you have E:\Apps\XBMC. If you don't have an E:\Apps folder make one.

Rename Xboxdash.xbe to Evox.xbe.

From the Tools folder in XBMC on the PC FTP Shortcut.....xbe to the C drive as Xboxdash.xbe. Then FTP the shortcut......cfg as Xboxdash.cfg. Make sure everything is right before you reboot the Xbox. You should have on the C drive:

Exov.xbe
Xboxdash.xbe
Xboxdash.cfg

If you don't have those, don't reboot the Xbox. When you do reboot, you should have XBMC as the dash.

#10 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

I did all that with the same result.

Somehow the xbox is finding some other default dashboard and giving me Evox no matter what. Does it always look in the C first?

#11 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

When you ran CASH, did you select restore Xbox to original and mod with Krazie's?

It is very important that we get the mod fixed first. No matter what you do to get XBMC running, if you have a problem now you will have problems in the future.

If you have done that with CASH and still have problems I would use Slayer's to restore the drive to original. CASH may have the option to restore to original, but it has been a long time since I have used it. Put Krazie's on there and redo the softmod. Use Xbpartitioner first to format the F and G drives with 32k clusters then worry about getting XBMC on there. Get one thing fixed at a time.

Before you do anything else, make sure your eeprom is backed up and you have it on the PC. If all else fails you can make a Xboxhdm disk with the stock C files and rebuild the HD with it and lock it. Then you can re-mod the Xbox. You should have one of these disks if you managed to get a new HD in the soft modded Xbox.

#12 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

I was using the option of having Krayzies 1.1.1 installed and then installing a new dashboard (XBMC in this case).

There is another option in CASH to go to the backdoor exploit. However, when I select this I cant do this because the save file was one of the casualties of my failed xbox partition.

One of the options in CASH is to backup EEPROM. I have done that, although I dont know how useful it is since its not working anyway.

#13 rdrury

rdrury

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:34 AM

You probably read it on my thread but if you have no e/dash folder with a default.xbe in it, evox appears to be the fall back safety dash (for nOObs like me!).

Add e/dash and put your preferred dash in there as default.xbe.

#14 westcoastbias

westcoastbias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Still no success sad.gif

I dont know if this is a hint, but when I boot the xbox it does the XBOX screen, you know the little animation that ends in the logo.

I dont recall this happening when I had everything working correctly. Could this be a clue? Any other ideas out there for me or do I need to give up?

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

Can you still cold boot CASH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users