• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roblovesdi

roblovesdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

is there a way to tell what your mod chip is without opening the box (i bought it on ebay for 30 $ it turns out it has a mod chip and a 200 gb drive) it has a evox bios according to the flubber screen its running the evolution x dash im just interested in what it is and i know its a reddish pink color (i opened it to replace the DVD it was bugged) i didn't think to take a picture or right anything down

any help would be good thanks in advance

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Edited by roblovesdi, 08 January 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#2 roblovesdi

roblovesdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

ok its the same as this one http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=647776 so i assume its a Aladdin XT what bios can i use with this ?

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Depends what version your Xbox is. If it's a 1.0-1.5 then have a look at iND-BIOS.5003, X2.4981, or Evox M8+. If it's a 1.6 your only real choice is the 1.6 version of Evox M8+.

#4 roblovesdi

roblovesdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

i suppose there's relay no point to up grading the bios and whats the black plug for on mt Aladdin xt chip any how here is another question is there a way to boot straight to the modded state so when i use the reset buttons (combination on control) so it boots straight back to the evo dash not the original dash ?

yet again thanks in advance

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Run BIOS checker to see what your current BIOS is, then you can make an informed decision about whether it's worth upgrading or not, rather than just guessing..... rolleyes.gif

IGR (left trigger + right trigger + back + black) is a BIOS function, so knowing your BIOS version might help answer your new question.... smile.gif I've never used an Aladdin, but all but one of my Xboxes have one of the BIOSes I suggested, and they all reset to my preferred dash, not to the MS-dash.

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

sounds like an aladdin using evox's dash IGR (not bios IGR)

with the aladdin you hold the power button for 3 seconds to boot into a modded state, the evox dash IGR just power cycles the xbox, causing it to boot to the stock bios

if its a 1.0-1.5 you can use an x2 bios (4981 is what usually use) and that will have bios IGR which should take you back to your custom dash (make sure you turn the evox dash IGR off or it will conflict)

if its a 1.6 you may just have to live with it, as m8+ is about the only bios you can use and i dont think it has bios IGR

another option would be to rewire the chip so its on permanently, how to do this would depend if you have a 1.0-1.5 or a 1.6

and FYI the black plug on it is for connecting to pinheaders, some aladdins/clones have them, some dont

Edited by lordvader129, 13 January 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#7 roblovesdi

roblovesdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

thanks guys/girls for the help i think i might just leave it as is i meen sure its a pain in the ass rebooting to the ms dash from some apps but hay im lazy to lol either way thanks for the help everyone biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users