4 replies to this topic

#1 alcatone

alcatone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

I was flashing my new lite-on. I got the key off of it and key looks good. When went to erase, I rebooted the CK3 less than 3 seconds and my computer froze. Then everytime I hooked up the SATA or turned on the CK3 with SATA in my computer froze. Now the eject button will not eject the drive and I even put back in 360 and will not with that either. Does not seem like there it is getting any power. Any suggestions?

#2 woody21_1

woody21_1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

its not bricked just partially erased, they do play dead without firmware..

best bet is to make a dos boot disc or usb stick, run dosflash and keep trying to erase the drive until you get the right status which means its fully erased.

dosflash will be able to see it fully once erase and will allow you to flash it.

theres been some more detailed answers to this in the last week of so, very commonly asked question. have look through the last 2 or 3 pages for more info if you need it but dosflash is very straightforward to use.

hth.

#3 alcatone

alcatone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

I was trying to get the tutorial/download location before asking this question until I found out that it would not eject even in the 360. The thing is my internet connection sucks and only 1/5 of the pages will load. Can you point me in the right direction to get the tutorial and dos

#4 woody21_1

woody21_1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

make yourself a boot disc/usb stick using iprep, more info and download here.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=671969

then download, unpack and copy the dosflash files to your newly made bootable disc/stick, say yes to overwrite existing dosflash files. dosflash1.7 and more info here.
http://www.xbox-scen...FEujcvdWMYE.php

then copy tour prepared firmware file to the disc/usb, make sure you know the name of it exactly as you have to type it into dosflash (ie - lit-cfw.bin or whatever you saved it as)

boot the disc, at the prompt type dosflash, follow instructions on screen, select sata that drive is on and erase the drive with 'liteon e' command, keep erasing till you get the correct status (0x72) then use the 'liteon w' command to write the firmware..

the forum had a few issues in the early hours of this morning uk time, it may take a couple of hours to get up to speed round the world while local caches get updated, it fine here now.

Edited by woody21_1, 09 January 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#5 alcatone

alcatone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I don't need the drive half open to erase and write do i? When I put back in 360 I shut the door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users