thewhipedone

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Sorry if this if in the wrong forum but im currently going rounds with a member of this board who I bought a product and never got. but thats not the problem. The problem is he is telling me that he keeps sending me pm's but I'm not getting them is there any way one of you could check to see if i screwed up and blocked him or something? thanks

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

When signed into your account, click this link. http://forums.xbox-s...act=Msg&CODE=02

If you have any names entered in this list make sure it also says (message allow) beside their name. If you have no name entries here that is fine as well.

Then go here..... http://forums.xbox-s...amp;CODE=ignore and make sure you have no entries in there.

Then go here... http://forums.xbox-s...t...rCP&CODE=04 and where it says....

CODE
Personal Messenger Options
Disable your personal messenger?
If you disable your personal messenger, you will not be able to make or receive personal messages.

Make sure the drop down box says no.

If this is all good, then perhaps the problem is with the other guy.

I have sent you a PM to make sure you are able to receive them.

#3 thewhipedone

thewhipedone

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:05 AM

yep I got it and all looks good on my end so thanks for the help

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

also if all you said is true then you may to pm a mod or a head mod about your situation cause this site does not need scammers running around

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jan 12 2009, 02:06 AM) View Post

also if all you said is true then you may to pm a mod or a head mod about your situation cause this site does not need scammers running around

Not sure if we get involved in that type of thing. We certainly don't know which side is telling the truth and who is lying. A private message is always welcome, however.

Edited by hamwbone, 12 January 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

What is the member's username.

#7 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

in regards to a moderator dealing with a scammer, it will not be dealt with. scammers in the BST is under no responsibility of ours, and it is advised for users to take proper precautions when using the BST. Like previously said, its impossible for us to tell who is the scammer and lying about the other, so really the best cause of action is to ban no members, rather than ban the non-scammer or both involved parties.

if your not receiving any PM's from this member, maybe you should ask him to write to you via email instead. if you still hear nothing, start trying to get your money back

#8 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

My point is that if say one member has had a few reports to the mods about being a scammer then something should be done about it before he ruins the BST for every one.

#9 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jan 14 2009, 01:16 AM) View Post

My point is that if say one member has had a few reports to the mods about being a scammer then something should be done about it before he ruins the BST for every one.

Xbox-Scene is not responsible for any transactions, or any actions of it's members in this forum whatsoever!

And so on, the best cause of action is to give them a bad ref in your sig (or good if they are good). Also buy with things like Paypal so it gives you some sort of cover. And if something looks to good to be true don't by it smile.gif. There are plenty of rules on BST and not once does it say X-S bans members because of scammers.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=373068 here is a good thread highlighting everything you need to know.

Edited by bucko, 14 January 2009 - 01:39 PM.

#10 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

I have read those rules a few times before But thanks for reminding. The rules need to be updated. Not to say that some one will get a instant ban or suspension because they have been reported as a scammer once But if a person gets a few reports on them they should at least get a temporary suspension.

#11 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

It's not always clear or evident that the person being complained about, is in fact the guilty party in a situation. Plenty of people have been smeared in an attempt to get them ousted from this site, so we aren't quick to act on behalf of either party in BST issues.

However.. if you have legitimate issues with a BST user, contact a moderator of that forum. There might be a remedy, or we can further advise.

In the end... I will always advise ANYONE using XS BST type forums, that want better protection or service, to use a more rebust sales site that can better cater to your needs and concerns. Many offer buyer/seller protection, and can offer better advice that we can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users