5 replies to this topic

#1 d evi a nt

d evi a nt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

i just bought a new tv and since i now have the luxury of being able to sit at a distance from my pc's display, i need something that i can use to control it. what do you guys use?

here is what i've considered:

360 controller | i already have wireless 360 controllers, and would like to have the option of using them for pc gaming. i'm sure there are drivers for it to emulate pc mouse and keyboard functionality, right? is there a cheaper alternative to microsoft's $20 receiver? the pro being having a small keyboard, con being having to controller the mouse w an analog stick...

wii controller | would be a fun and simple project, and would have ideal functionality. but lacks a keyboard...

logitech's "wii-style" mouse | looks cool. less dorky than a wiimote (could be both a pro and a con).

wireless keyboard/mouse combo | a bit big for what i'm looking for, and probably a bit more expensive than what i'm looking to pay.

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

If you have an iphone or ipod touch you can use it as a kb&m

#3 Arvarden

Arvarden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

+

If you have a pda you can use it as a k&m or you could use a vnc client to conect to your pc. If it has a infra port you can control your av, tv, 360 as well.

#4 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

With an Xbox controller you can use ControlMK from http://www.redcl0ud.com to control the keyboard (its under misc). But of course you're stuck getting the USB dongle.

Other then that I'm not sure what you could get for cheap. I know actual PC "remote controls" exist but have no experience with them.

#5 jamesd86

jamesd86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

if your comp has an infared port, Logitechs Harmony remote series are amazing. easy to program.

con-if you don't have alot of A/V, it's not worth the price.

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

If you have Bluetooth built into your PC, then you can use the Wiimote and if you're using XBMC, you could get XBMC remote for the iPhone/iPod touch or Airmouse for the iPhone/iPod touch if not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users