14 replies to this topic

#1 Hassanz88

Hassanz88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hi

Ok guys i have the 0103 problem on my falcon board after doing team hybrid's x-clamp fix. I have no clue what to do. Ive tried heatgunning from the front and it didn't do shit. What am i suppose to do now ?. i realy need to get this working or im done with the 360 sad.gif

#2 tyrant101

tyrant101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Hassanz88 @ Jan 13 2009, 11:31 AM) View Post

Hi

Ok guys i have the 0103 problem on my falcon board after doing team hybrid's x-clamp fix. I have no clue what to do. Ive tried heatgunning from the front and it didn't do shit. What am i suppose to do now ?. i realy need to get this working or im done with the 360 sad.gif

I've had error 0103 on a premium xbox 360 and fixed it with a few mods.

First Do the eraser/penny fix. If that doesnt work for you, then heat up the GPU by disconecting the fans and letting the console overheat(2 red lights)for about a minute. Afterwards just leave it for about an hour to cool down and it should work fine.

Also do the 12Vfan mod to keep the 360 cooler once you get it to work again.

BTW I'm not sure if your 360 will come out of 0103 coma because you used the xclamp fix and to be honest it might do more damage than good in your 360's case.

Edited by tyrant101, 13 January 2009 - 04:55 PM.

#3 Hassanz88

Hassanz88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

Finaly some one replied,

thanks alot bro. but the gpu seems to be working fine its the cpu which wont even heat up . since i put my hand on the cpu's heat sink and it doesn't even get warm. i wonder wat is up with that. i also discovered a video but its in Brazilian Portuguese and the guys seem to be pointing towards the rings with the wrapped wire near the cpu capacitors. heres the link

- the one in which they read the error code and point towards these rings or somethin

the one in which they have seemed to solve it ....i think they are pointing towards the same rings.....maybe heat gunning them from below would help ??

cheers

#4 Hassanz88

Hassanz88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

BUMP! ..

guys this realy seems to be my unlucky day - the 0103 error is mostly encountered by brazillian 360 owners. i think it has something to do with the inductors near the cpu or something..eitherways any help would be appreciated

#5 humboldt111502

humboldt111502

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Repairing/Modding xbox 360s. Contact me if you need help with yours.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(tyrant101 @ Jan 13 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I've had error 0103 on a premium xbox 360 and fixed it with a few mods.

First Do the eraser/penny fix. If that doesnt work for you, then heat up the GPU by disconecting the fans and letting the console overheat(2 red lights)for about a minute. Afterwards just leave it for about an hour to cool down and it should work fine.

Also do the 12Vfan mod to keep the 360 cooler once you get it to work again.

BTW I'm not sure if your 360 will come out of 0103 coma because you used the xclamp fix and to be honest it might do more damage than good in your 360's case.

In my opinion, the penny-"fix"/eraser method is NOT a good way to fix an xbox as the amount of pennies/the eraser piece is much higher than it is allowed to be, the maximum height that an object that you place there may have is 2mm as there is only 3mm space in between case and mainboard, the RAM is 1mm high so if you subtract that it is 2mm, just 2 pennies is like 2.5mm already and will cause it to flex in the tutorial they use 3 which is definitely way too high and by experience the erasers are often about 5mm high at least it was like that for the ones I found in some ROD 360s from ebay.

The overheating method is at least as retarded as the penny fix as it only works temporary at best and while overheating the chip the transistors get too hot which causes the chip to run at higher default temps after it was done which is bad side effect, everybody who says that this fixed his 360 for longer than a week is either a liar or a magician.
You can either keep on overheating it every couple of days or fix it properly with the x-clamp fix and reflow the board if necessary thats the only real way to fix it....

I have checked the forums a couple of times in the past few weeks and it seems that the penny-fix and overheating fixes are at its annual high which I seriously dont understand as there are so many good tutorials out there and even in the descriptions of the tutorials, I spoke about it says that they dont work properly and are dangerous(like for the penny fix).
Just felt that this had to be said.

Edited by humboldt111502, 15 January 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#6 trinca

trinca

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

Have you tried just adjusting the screws? that will most likely fix your problem. I had 0103 and on the 5th time i re-adjusted the screws it worked. Just be patient.

#7 YoungGeekGuy

YoungGeekGuy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(humboldt111502 @ Jan 15 2009, 02:05 PM) View Post

The overheating method is at least as retarded as the penny fix as it only works temporary at best and while overheating the chip the transistors get too hot which causes the chip to run at higher default temps after it was done which is bad side effect, everybody who says that this fixed his 360 for longer than a week is either a liar or a magician.

I'd be a magician then, my friends zephyr has been working since the end of November and I did wilhelms before the hybrid was out. My friends falcon exhibits the cold cpu sink but I remember we fixed it before and it did this. The error code on his is a random continuous 0,1 or 3, mostly 1's and 0's though. I tried so many things today and trying to much makes it worse so heatgun it and use the hybrid.

#8 noel666

noel666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Hassanz88 @ Jan 13 2009, 11:31 AM) View Post

Hi

Hey man did you fixed it ? Cause i have same error 0103, i have tried many different things but not the heatgun method... Sometimes when i let it heat then cool down it will boot up but will only work for 1 day or less, im thinking this problem might be realted to the CPU, because my GPUheatsink gets really hot and the CPU not.

#9 noel666

noel666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

It seems like not many people has ever got this error code.......

#10 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

It doesn't affect Brazilians more than others, that doesn't even begin to make sense. 0103 and 0102 are essentially the same thing, a cold solder joint under the GPU.

#11 noel666

noel666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jan 27 2009, 11:07 PM) View Post

It doesn't affect Brazilians more than others, that doesn't even begin to make sense. 0103 and 0102 are essentially the same thing, a cold solder joint under the GPU.

So the solution would be desoldering and soldering back the gpu?

#12 noel666

noel666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(noel666 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:42 PM) View Post

Anyone?

#13 Hassanz88

Hassanz88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(noel666 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:42 PM) View Post

hey guys ive been away for a while sorry about that.But yes that is excatly the solution. And its the cold solder joints under the cpu for me. I just ordered the CPU bga template off ebay and gave it to a proffessional guy here.and it works like a charm...no problems wat so ever..cheers..

#14 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jan 27 2009, 04:31 PM) View Post

essentially the same thing? sure the fix is the same, but one error is for the gpu, the other is for the cpu.

like its been mentioned many times in this thread, people with 0103 have cpus that DO NOT get hot but the gpu does.

how does a faulty gpu cause the cpu to not work at all? why is it that heat gunning the cpu fixes it?

#15 rwcottrell

rwcottrell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

let me solve your problem bra just towel trick the system.it works for pretty much all the problems.i did mine 2 months ago and its going like a champ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users