Photo

Is It Possible To Uninstall Ixtreme 1.4 ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 StereoLogic

StereoLogic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

I bought an xbox 360 from craigslist modded with ixtreme 1.4 under the impression that it was like a modded psp and you could just load games on the hard drive. I was also unaware of the potential to be banned from xbox live. I've never put my console on live, and neither has the person who sold it to me. It is unbanned, and I really want to use live without any risk. Is it possible to uninstall ixteme 1.4 ? or should i just sell this xbox and buy a new one ?

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

pinned : No More Non Technical/Newbie Posts.
As a newcomer, plse do (as you are suppose to) a minimum and reasonable effort of searching before posting

Next time post these in the Newbie Chat and read the pinned topics and the rules of the section where you post plse.

which drive do you have in it?

Have you received with it the original firmware?
Could you check with them if the drive model was changed (requiring spoof)?

moved,

soso

#3 StereoLogic

StereoLogic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

I have no idea at all, when I tried to ask the guy about it, he said he would send me an email with a guide on how to use the mod, and then when he never got back to me I tried contacting him again and he freaked asking me to stop herassing him and that his brother was going to kick my ass or something. I think im just going to resell it. I bought it for 275 canadian with 4 games. I'll probably sell it for 200 with the 4 games.

#4 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE(StereoLogic @ Jan 14 2009, 11:55 AM) View Post

I have no idea at all, when I tried to ask the guy about it, he said he would send me an email with a guide on how to use the mod, and then when he never got back to me I tried contacting him again and he freaked asking me to stop herassing him and that his brother was going to kick my ass or something. I think im just going to resell it. I bought it for 275 canadian with 4 games. I'll probably sell it for 200 with the 4 games.

That will tell you everything about flashing and what drive you have
http://www.prestige-...xtbook.2008.pdf

#5 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=585847

which of these tray do you have?

if it is the latter then it is either a Benq or the newer liteon
in this thread in hole number 3, do you see a yellow or white wire?

White is benq
yellow is Liteon

soso

Edited by sosotiit, 14 January 2009 - 04:48 AM.

#6 Nexi

Nexi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:56 AM

Yes, you can uninstall iXtreme 1.4. Just get an original bin file for the drive you've got and inject your key then flash it to the drive.

Edited by Nexi, 14 January 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#7 wtfisausername

wtfisausername

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

srry for jackin threads, but could iXtreme Liteon firmware be removed and replaced with official, if so how I only have the key files n stuff. I googled and saw someone said that the original firmware is not released yet so i couldn't.

#8 Zinu

Zinu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

As far as I know you can only undo a drive flashing when you still have the original firmware stored somewhere. No other way you're stuck.

#9 Nexi

Nexi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Zinu @ Jan 14 2009, 12:12 PM) View Post

As far as I know you can only undo a drive flashing when you still have the original firmware stored somewhere. No other way you're stuck.

Not so. You can use an original .bin file from another drive of the same type as long as you've got your key. In this case the key can be pulled from the iXtreme that's on the drive, injected into an original fw and then flashed.

i.e., If you've got an MS28 you need to find an original .bin file from an MS28, available from anyone who saved their original firmware when flashing their own ms28.

Edited by Nexi, 14 January 2009 - 05:56 PM.

#10 wtfisausername

wtfisausername

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

I used JungleFlasher, and the files i got out of it was the Inquiry.bin Key.bin identify.bin and the 256KB file called dummy.bin also the jf.txt log file. Is dummy.bin the actual firmware? JFlasher loads it up and say its for my type of drive and says its a DVDKey32extract, also the serial number is correct. The iXtreme ones dont load n says invalid... So im guessing this might be the firmware? Anyone here know, or should i just create a new thread?

Thanks.

#11 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(wtfisausername @ Jan 14 2009, 08:46 PM) View Post

I used JungleFlasher, and the files i got out of it was the Inquiry.bin Key.bin identify.bin and the 256KB file called dummy.bin also the jf.txt log file. Is dummy.bin the actual firmware? JFlasher loads it up and say its for my type of drive and says its a DVDKey32extract, also the serial number is correct. The iXtreme ones dont load n says invalid... So im guessing this might be the firmware? Anyone here know, or should i just create a new thread?

Thanks.

no it is not the complete firmware, the major part of it is blank.
only a few info in these 256K

soso

#12 wtfisausername

wtfisausername

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

yea, i was just messing with JF and it seems like it isnt. Oh well i dont really care.

Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users