3 replies to this topic

#1 blasteryui

blasteryui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:04 AM

I have a question guys, my Xbox got the RROD, so I'm going to buy another Xbox. The Xbox that has the Red Ring Of Death is modded, can I take the drive out and put it into the new Xbox and everything will be good?

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(blasteryui @ Jan 14 2009, 03:10 PM) View Post

I have a question guys, my Xbox got the RROD, so I'm going to buy another Xbox. The Xbox that has the Red Ring Of Death is modded, can I take the drive out and put it into the new Xbox and everything will be good?

Each drive has a unique key. You will need to flash your new xbox the same way that you flashed it the first time. Or if you bought it preflashed here is a tutorial:
http://www.prestige-...xtbook.2008.pdf

#3 Nexi

Nexi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:46 AM

Yes you can but you'll need to get the key from the new console and flash it to the drive. If the type of drive in the new console is different than the drive in the 3RROD system then you'll also need to spoof it.

For example.. if the new system has a Hitachi and the drive you're going to use is a Samsung, you'll need to spoof the Samsung to respond as a Hitachi. If the new system has a Hitachi v79 and your going to use a Hitachi v47 then you'll need to spoof the v47 to respond as a v79.

QUOTE(ruley @ Jan 14 2009, 01:17 AM) View Post

Each drive has a unique key. You will need to flash your new xbox the same way that you flashed it the first time. Or if you bought it preflashed here is a tutorial:
http://www.prestige-...xtbook.2008.pdf

Technically he's not flashing the same way. If he was flashing the same way he'd simply read the key off the drive in the new system, put it into iXtreme and then flash it back. In his case he's moving a drive from one system to another so he needs read the firmware from the new system's drive to get the key, inject it into iXtreme, then flash it to the other drive and possibly even spoof. The tutorial doesn't explain drive swapping or spoofing.

Edited by Nexi, 14 January 2009 - 06:48 AM.

#4 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(Nexi @ Jan 14 2009, 03:52 PM) View Post

Yes you can but you'll need to get the key from the new console and flash it to the drive. If the type of drive in the new console is different than the drive in the 3RROD system then you'll also need to spoof it.

For example.. if the new system has a Hitachi and the drive you're going to use is a Samsung, you'll need to spoof the Samsung to respond as a Hitachi. If the new system has a Hitachi v79 and your going to use a Hitachi v47 then you'll need to spoof the v47 to respond as a v79.
Technically he's not flashing the same way. If he was flashing the same way he'd simply read the key off the drive in the new system, put it into iXtreme and then flash it back. In his case he's moving a drive from one system to another so he needs read the firmware from the new system's drive to get the key, inject it into iXtreme, then flash it to the other drive and possibly even spoof. The tutorial doesn't explain drive swapping or spoofing.

I believe that he was asking if he could just swap and play, with no flashing or anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users