BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I am posting this to hope that people quit making the same post, BRICKED LITEON OMG PLEASE HELP!! People don't think first before they post to look and see if someone else had the same issue, they post the same questions several times a day it seems... So please make sure you read the tutorials over several times before you try to flash your liteon, hopefully you read this post before doing so, so you know what you might run into. If you are unsure of what to do still, pay someone to do it instead of having to pay another $200 for a new Xbox 360!!

First off, if you plugged in your power cable in, well upside down? Smell smoke? Drive don't work anymore? Then you need to buy a new xbox and be more careful! Learn from your mistakes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: JungleFlasher can't open bin files (key.bin, inquiry.bin, identify.bin, hacked.bin, dummy.bin)

Solution:

Put JungleFlasher.exe in the same directory where your bin files are, then start it again. (key, inquiry, identify, hacked.bin, dummy.bin)

==

Problem: No Com port in DVDkey32 in JungleFlasher OMGWTF? uhh.gif

Solution: Just type in your com port in the box. So if you are using com port 1, you would type COM1 in the box where the drop down menu is. IMPORTANT=> you must put COM before the Port number!!!

or this might be resolved in the latest version of jungle flasher, i know my com port now shows in the latest beta.

PC freezing issue:

If you were in windows and using Jungle Flasher and you have successfully got your key and created your firmware from your dummy.bin or even have got as far as getting your key, inquiry, and identify.bin files, then you should be ok, just make a dummy.bin and then make your liteon firmware!

So your pc froze? You were erasing your liteon and then when you did the power cycle, your PC froze? Well you are in luck. As long as your key, inquiry, and identify.bin files were correct, then you can save your drive. What will happen at this point is your drive will no longer eject, so you think oh no bricked drive. This can be fixed. Make sure you can boot to DOS by floppy or USB drive and have the proper files on it.

You will need L-O-Eras.exe, latest dosflash16, and your hacked firmware file. Well what you do, restart your PC with your liteon connected, but not powered on, boot to DOS. Once you get to DOS restore power to your liteon drive. Go to where your files are.

Type L-O-Eras SATAPORT <-- put in your sata port that your drive is connected too. If you don't know your sata port, you can do dosflash really fast and figure out which port has the liteon drive on it. So after you do L-O-Eras SATAPORT you should return status FF72 I believe. I haven't had to do this way for awhile so if I made a mistake on the status please PM me so I can fix this. After you do this, go type DOSFLASH, then enter the proper # for the port that has the liteon drive on it. Then type W for write. Then enter your hacked firmware file, usually lite_cfw.bin then it will erase and write the firmware to your drive. After it is done, turn the power off on your drive, then turn it back on and press eject and if it does, problem solved!

Now you have flashed your firmware to your Liteon drive, put your system back together and test a backup.

Note:

Also for those who are having problems with PC freezing. Make sure your Windows is up to date. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your chipset. For example I was having problems with my onboard nforce 650i sli. I went to nvidia.com and downloaded the latest drives for the 650i sli, installed them, then installed portio32.exe and restarted. Now my PC doesnt freeze anymore when erasing a liteon and power cycling in windows. If you don't have nforce, you will have to figure out where to get your drivers from.

If I missed anything please PM me or post what I was wrong with here.

Edited by BoNg420, 26 January 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#2 woody21_1

woody21_1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

good post, wouldnt have come to this if everyone would read the tutorials over and over until they understand whats going to happen.

'First off, if you plugged in your power cable in, well upside down? Smell smoke? Drive don't work anymore? Then you need to buy a new xbox and be more careful! Learn from your mistakes.'

that made me laugh...

anyone new to flashing should either wait till more updated and stable tools become availiable or get someone to do it for you, a small fee to get it done is better than the fee of buying a new xbox and still not being able to play backups... THINK - AM I CAPABLE OF THIS BEFORE YOU OPEN THE CONSOLE.

Edited by woody21_1, 14 January 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#3 that360guy

that360guy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Just being a resouce for all your flashing needs!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

Awesome Post! Thank you.

#4 ruph

ruph

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

great post! thanks for the advice. however, Jungle Flasher still freezes my computer the instant i open it even after updating my nforce drivers with the latest from nvidia.com.

It worked for a while but now i just cant seem to open the application at all without freezing my system.

#5 kingpickle

kingpickle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:01 AM

Just throwing this out there b/c it might help someone else.

I had a problem with JF saying my com port status was not available (instead of ready). I was stuck for a few hours trying different things. The fix for me was changing the com port number in device manager to something other than 1. Worked like a charm.

The cause of the problem turned out to be microsoft's activesync (which I use for my cell phone) hijacked the port and always kept it open.

#6 scorpionking77

scorpionking77

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

For anybody out there who are having problems with pc freezing I found out that when i install the ck3 drivers after i install jungleflasher was the reason it cause my pc to lock up. Once i uninstalled the ck3 drivers my pc stop freezing on me. IF this helps anybody as well.

#7 ruph

ruph

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(scorpionking77 @ Jan 18 2009, 07:35 AM) View Post

For anybody out there who are having problems with pc freezing I found out that when i install the ck3 drivers after i install jungleflasher was the reason it cause my pc to lock up. Once i uninstalled the ck3 drivers my pc stop freezing on me. IF this helps anybody as well.

tried that and my pc still locks up the moment i open JF in Vista. What did was install XP on a seperate partition without installing my nforce drivers. I installed all CK3 Drivers, PIO32, VIA Drivers and now it's no longer freezing. Then just for the hell of it, I installed the latest nforce and boom, it froze. I haven't tried reading/writing with it yet so i'm not exactly sure if it's working 100%. I'll give it a shot tomorrow on my friends Lite-On

#8 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I had the freezing problems when trying to erase in jf using via 6421 and maximus extractor through usb sad.gif
Podger posted a while ago about this but for some reason it dosnt seem to have cought on huh.gif
I installed the VIA_RAID_V530C which can be found here http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/70826 and the problem was sorted biggrin.gif No boot disk or dos or rebooting pc required, you can do the whole thing in 1 go rolleyes.gif
Thank's again podger wink.gif

#9 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

awesome post. should be stickied for tutorial purposes i think....

#10 antz1970

antz1970

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(flash360 @ Jan 19 2009, 12:00 AM) View Post

I had the freezing problems when trying to erase in jf using via 6421 and maximus extractor through usb sad.gif
Podger posted a while ago about this but for some reason it dosnt seem to have cought on huh.gif
I installed the VIA_RAID_V530C which can be found here http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/70826 and the problem was sorted biggrin.gif No boot disk or dos or rebooting pc required, you can do the whole thing in 1 go rolleyes.gif

i couldnt get your link to work so heres an alternative for anyone having the same problem

http://drivers.viaar..._raid_v530c.zip

#11 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Jan 18 2009, 05:19 PM) View Post

awesome post. should be stickied for tutorial purposes i think....

It is stickied

#12 headonism

headonism

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:consoles, xbox live, LIFE, and consoles
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

thanks guys i have got my drive reading again and ran than the customer firmware but i think i have well and trully F*%$ed it.....

i put it back together again the tried to read my back up i have and i got the message

PLEASE INSERT AND XBOX GAME INTO THIS CONSOLE

so i put the original game in same as the backup HALO 3

and got the same message.....

is there anything that i can do with this drive now

#13 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:00 AM

yeah you're up shitcreek without a paddle. Better luck next time.

#14 headonism

headonism

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:consoles, xbox live, LIFE, and consoles
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Jan 26 2009, 04:36 AM) View Post

yeah you're up shitcreek without a paddle. Better luck next time.

didnt need a paddle just my wit and inginueity < (i think it is spelt like that)

problem solved after many hours of hard graft and help from many other people on this forum

!!!!THANKS GUYS N GALS YOU KNOW WHO U ARE!!!!

pop.gif

#15 Zan3

Zan3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(flash360 @ Jan 18 2009, 11:00 PM) View Post

Nice! is this working for somone with CK3 to? annyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users