• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(headonism @ Jan 26 2009, 03:25 PM) View Post

didnt need a paddle just my wit and inginueity < (i think it is spelt like that)

problem solved after many hours of hard graft and help from many other people on this forum
!!!!THANKS GUYS N GALS YOU KNOW WHO U ARE!!!!
pop.gif

What did you do to rectify?

Edited by deilzfcjk, 28 January 2009 - 12:33 PM.

#17 headonism

headonism

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:consoles, xbox live, LIFE, and consoles
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

because i had the original firmware all i did was use Jflaher to erase all firmiware in windows then used Jflasher to the creat the dummy file this helped me create the ixreme 1.5 like normal i did all this in xp not dos, using the USB option once. so then all i had todo was make sure that the keys were right, then follow normal line using Jflasher..... as this was my first attempt it tookj me a long time to figure out how to right a wrong thati did earlier

thamks to all that helped me with this problem

#18 FilthySeabass

FilthySeabass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Fishing, and Lawyering
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

One reason I have seen for the com port not pulling up is if you dont have the drive and usb hooked up before you start JungleFlasher. I hookup and setup the drive prior to starting JF and all my settings stay the same. Not that its hard to type in COM 3 but one easier step. Thanks for the original post Bong.

#19 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

I just want to say thanks for these awesome tips. For some reason iprep refused to see my friend's LiteOn CFW, so I used l-o-eras.exe and dosflash, and had it working with seconds. Awesome thread!

#20 dalton4life

dalton4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:35 AM

I'm using a CK3 Lite with a VIA 6421 card and have done a few Lite-ons no problem, but the last one locked up my PC on me at the erase. This thread helped out a bunch. Thanks!

#21 sw45

sw45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:45 AM

I have tried quite a few times using the dos method in this post and using jungleflash, etc. I got the identify, inquiry, and key files using a maximus but don't have a dummy.bin. My computer froze when I started the erase process with jungleflash. Is the drive junk without the dummy.bin file?

I've tried making a dummy.bin but it doesn't work. After writing the image to the drive and putting it back in the xbox it won't read any discs. It opens and closes but won't read. I think my problem is creating the dummy.bin.

If this drive is junk is it possible to spoof another drive (ms28) since I have the key?

Thanks

#22 sw45

sw45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

can't figure out how to edit so I'll add this.

I read a ton more today and it seems I don't need the serial for the drive to work and my lite-on not reading discs is a key issue. I tried spoofing the lite-on to a ms28 and the ms28 works fine so it appears my key.bin is correct. What else should I try to get the lite-on to work?

#23 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

Your dummy bin is made with firmtool using the 3 files you have already dumped biggrin.gif It is not a fourth file you need to dump huh.gif

#24 sw45

sw45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

I created the dummy file as well as adding the missing serial info from the labels inside the drive. I still am running the spoofed ms28 since I could not get the lite-on working. I tried flashing in dos, windows, with via ata card.

Since the ms28 is working doesn't that mean the key is correct thus the lite-on flashed with the key and ixtreme should work? I'll just leave ms28 in until I have a reason to change it then worry about it but it is too bad I can't use original.

#25 renski26

renski26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Does the drive show in bios for anyone else? I'm having the same trouble, except my pc wasn't freezing when booting with the lite-on drive. The drive isn't recognised at all for me sad.gif

#26 DoomSayerSantos

DoomSayerSantos

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(renski26 @ Feb 20 2009, 03:14 PM) View Post

Does the drive show in bios for anyone else? I'm having the same trouble, except my pc wasn't freezing when booting with the lite-on drive. The drive isn't recognised at all for me sad.gif

I can relate bro.
I tried every guide on this and other forums.
My lite-on is still bricked.
l-o-eras , dosflash , dosflash32 , jungleflasher etc.
Nothing picks up my lite-on anymore.
If anyone got a fresh idea please give me a shout.

#27 FuzzyTattooedBear

FuzzyTattooedBear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

God.
U

F
V
C
K
I
N
G

R > U L E >

#28 fozzieb

fozzieb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

ok i have a problem with my lite-on,

i done this late at nght so i may of made mistake sleeping.gif

I used jungle flasher and extracted the key, it created the 4 files and saved them to my pc.

i used the dummy.bin to patch the ixtreme 1.5 firmware, looked ok

I then tried to erase the drive but it crashed half way through (intel sata chipset)

I then booted to dos, tried l-o-erase but no mater what i can not get it to return correct code to say it is erased.

I tried dosflash, it sees the drive, used liteon erase, looked good

I then used tosflsh to write the liteon_cfw.bin to drive, looked ok

put drive back in xbox, turn it on and i get an E66 error, contact customer support.

Any ideas or thought on how to fix?

Cheers very much,
Steven

#29 Racing.Ray

Racing.Ray

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

I have the VIA 6421 card that I used under DOS to successfully flash Samsung and BenQ drives. But now with a Lite-On, I have to use Windows, but I only have Vistax64 installed. How can I still get my key (without PortIO32) and hack/flash my drive?

Thanks!

#30 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(Racing.Ray @ Mar 7 2009, 12:33 AM) View Post

I have the VIA 6421 card that I used under DOS to successfully flash Samsung and BenQ drives. But now with a Lite-On, I have to use Windows, but I only have Vistax64 installed. How can I still get my key (without PortIO32) and hack/flash my drive?

Thanks!

You don't.

You need 32 bit windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users