• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rud13

Rud13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

OK. So I'm one of the many that has Error 21 problems. I know exactly what cause it, and I know what I would like to do to reverse it.

I have EvoX as my dash on my softmodded xbox. I had upgraded the harddrive about a year ago. Since then the "Microsoft Dashboard" option has tempted me. I remember before I upgrade my dash that I had clicked on it and had to re do the Splinter Cell exploit to be able to access EvoX again.

I now live about 3000 miles from that copy of Splinter Cell and Action Pro Replay. Messing around in the FTP I took the " xboxdash.xbe " from /backup/MS/ and replace C:/xboxdash.xbe . I click on Microsoft Dashboard in EvoX and the screen froze. Oh well that's happened every other time. turned out the xbox and turned it back on.

To get the Error 21 one screen with listing several languages to call Technical Support. I've tried both Slayer 2.7 and AID 4.40 boot disc on DVD+R, DVD+RW, and CD-R to no avail. Xbox games do work. Different region Xbox games do not.

I have my eeprom.bin and the C:/xboxdash.xbe files. Is there some way using only this laptop and my fucked up xbox, I can gain access again and undo my stupid as hell decision?

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

There is not really much you can do with a laptop. Maybe you could find a cheap old second hand desktop somewhere closer than 3000 miles.

In that case, you can use the xboxhdm package to unlock your harddisk on the pc with the eeprom.bin file.

You can even redo the softmode with the kingroach ndure 3.1 (and the m$dash 5960 unmodded files). You should end up with a working M$dash from within your dashboard afterwards.

regards.

#3 Rud13

Rud13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I've found out different region games do work. Which means I think, the DVD burner on this laptop is just a piece of crap. I had tried before this to burn backups that never worked. And I think that means that I could get a evox et. al. boot disk to work? Anyone willing to send one that works on their Xbox to Tokyo, Japan? Will pay for the cost of shipping etc (should be about 10 USD.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users