• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raleigh0329

raleigh0329

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

Here is my problem. Just recently whenever I put a game in my console, it would just read it for a couple of seconds and then the message would change to open tray. Being that my 360 is out of warranty I opened it up and cleaned it very carefully and it still didnt work. So I assumed the whole dvd drive was bad and without understanding to much I went on eBay and bought a Samsung MS28 to replace my old drive. After reading a lot of posts on forums, I realized that I was going to try to replace a Samsung MS25 with a Samsung MS28. I think I read somewhere that you are able to flash a MS28 to act as a MS25.

All I need is to know is whether or not swapping a MS25 with a MS28 is possible. If so, could someone point me in the right direction to do so. Thanks.

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(raleigh0329 @ Jan 17 2009, 01:11 AM) View Post

Here is my problem. Just recently whenever I put a game in my console, it would just read it for a couple of seconds and then the message would change to open tray. Being that my 360 is out of warranty I opened it up and cleaned it very carefully and it still didnt work. So I assumed the whole dvd drive was bad and without understanding to much I went on eBay and bought a Samsung MS28 to replace my old drive. After reading a lot of posts on forums, I realized that I was going to try to replace a Samsung MS25 with a Samsung MS28. I think I read somewhere that you are able to flash a MS28 to act as a MS25.

All I need is to know is whether or not swapping a MS25 with a MS28 is possible. If so, could someone point me in the right direction to do so. Thanks.

check here:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=573381
and here:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=599162

Edited by ruley, 16 January 2009 - 04:18 PM.

#3 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(raleigh0329 @ Jan 16 2009, 03:41 PM) View Post

It sounds like your laser needs replacing - TBH, it's cheaper to buy a new laser and should sort the problem for you.

If you want to swap the entire drive out with the same kind then it's even easier - open both drives and swap the drive controller boards around. They'll be an exact match so be sure to mark it with a Sharpie or something!!! Put your existing board into the new enclosure and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users