2 replies to this topic

#1 Slapaham

Slapaham

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Right, I softmodded and upgraded the HDD on one 1.1 Xbox using a solderless kit for my Xecutor 2.6CE chip - I came to do my next Xbox and realised it was a 1.6 so I'd need a Xapt3r adaptor - annoying, but then I thought, hey, now I'll be able to mod any Xbox I ever get in the future... so I went about modding this one in the same way (got there in the end) but after I realised there was something I need to find out about the BIOS...

I had the Xbox 1-1.5 BIOS flashed for when I did my 1.1 Xbox so when it came to putting it in the 1.6 Xbox it seemed to function okay to a point - it gave me the ability to reflash the BIOS with the 1.6 version - so I literally just changed it to fit the model - I was just wondering whether if I was now to put this chip back into a 1-1.5 Xbox, would I have any problems then reflashing it back to the 1-1.5 BIOS? And could I effectively keep swapping this chip over and over between different Xbox versions and reflashing the BIOS depending on the version of Xbox?

Hope this makes sense... really could do with knowing this - don't want to mess my chip up as it has already cost me a fair bit of cash...

Any help would be very much appreciated! smile.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

The best way to do it is to put a 1.0-1.5 BIOS on one bank of the X2.6, and a 1.6 BIOS on the other bank. That way you can just flick the switch to make the change - simple!

To do that you need to create a 1MB BIOS with the 1.0-1.5 BIOS in the first 512k, and the 1.6 BIOS in the second 512k, then flash it onto the X2.6. X2.5035 is probably the best one to choose, because it will boot even if the eeprom is screwed. Use X2bm to make the 1MB BIOS file, or make it manually from the command line:

copy /b x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin+x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin newbios.bin

#3 Slapaham

Slapaham

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for your help - really appreciate it - I will look into this when I find a bit of time! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users