• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nieker

nieker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Why do I keep receiving e-mails from this board? I made 1 post in 2007 and suddenly (well since the end of November) I get an email almost every day about some new topic that has been made here. I haven't logged in to this forum since... 2007, so I'm pretty sure it's not because of some setting that I've changed.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:55 AM

Are you sure that the email is actually coming from this board? It could be some type of phishing scheme as the forum mail server has been offline for a long time. If there is a link in the mail, is it actually sending you to http://forums.xbox-scene.com or is a redirect to a site that looks like this?

#3 nieker

nieker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

This is the mail I got today: (sent by forums@scenyx.com)

nieker,

Onael has just posted a new topic entitled "Game-backup Application" in forum "Xbox Backup Forum - DVD/CD Burning / ISO extraction & creation / Hard Drive Backups".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I was wondering where I can get an updated version of Game-Backup. I don't know if that's what it's called, but that's what it shows on my dashboard. It say's Project X on its background.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=674067

Please note that if you wish to get email notification of any replies to this topic, you will have to click on the "Track this Topic" link shown on the topic page, or by visiting the link below:
http://forums.xbox-s...t...11&t=674067

Unsubscribing:
--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.
If you are not subscribed to any forums and wish to stop receiving notification, uncheck the setting "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" found in 'My Controls' under 'Email Settings'.

Regards,

The Scenyx Entertainment Community team.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php

So it seems like an "authentic" automated mail coming from this board. It's just weird that it chooses random topics to send a notification about.

Edited by nieker, 18 January 2009 - 02:50 AM.

#4 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

That does seem authentic. Hopefully Xantium will comment on this matter. It is strange that you are getting any mails from the board, let alone in error.
For the time being, I can only suggest that you add the forums to your junk filter until this can be resolved.

#5 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

You probably subscribed to the topic and get notifications when there is new posts. Believe it or not, people gravedig old topic, then more people will post in it etc.

#6 nieker

nieker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Nope never subscribed to anything. And the mails I get are from new topics... today I got one for a topic called "Backed Up Hard Drive Restore".

Anyway, I changed some options in my cp so I hope it fixes the problem. I'll get you updated if it doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users