• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ceejam

ceejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

I have a problem with my liteon not being detected. I am powering the drive from the xbox and connecting it to my onboard sata card. When my computer boots up it is detected by the bios but windows does not see it. I've looked around and have seen suggestions of switching into legacy mode and turning off all raid options in the bios. I have tried what I can with my locked hp bios. I've seen people having similar issues with nforce4 chipsets but I have an ati xpress200. I've been pouring over forum posts all day trying to just get it detected. (I'm sure i'll run into problems with my homemade key reader when that time comes as well)

No matter what I change for each of my i/o ports jungleflasher says "No Drive Detected"

Below is a link to the specs of my motherboard if it's of any help. If anyone could help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it. My brain is about to explode.

Motherboard

(Also I have tried it with the tray in, out, half way in [open status], half way [close status], pin 3 from it's power disconnected [in, out, and half way]... I think you get my point blink.gif )

Edited by ceejam, 21 January 2009 - 07:33 AM.

#2 Misterturtle

Misterturtle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:40 AM

probably tried it, but have u tried getting drivers for ur sata?

#3 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

try waiting till windows loads complete then attach the rom this is a problem i had on one of my other pczzz and it works every time now also you can use iprep to flash this drive and see if it is detected in iprep if not try using your onboard sata if you have it dry.gif

#4 jovolcano

jovolcano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hey

I took my dvd drive to work to flash it there as i was having issues at home, the machine at work is an HP

after about 2 hours of booting with the drive on and drive off , decided to try another machine and it worked straight away.

I looked into the bios on the original machine and only had 2 extended options for the SATA, LARGE and Normal, neither seemed to make a difference, so suspect the chipset they used does not have the features necessary to properly allow access to the drive in dos/windows (i tried both dosflasher and jungleflasher and neither saw the drive)

would suggest getting a third party sata card or use another pc smile.gif

#5 joe9000

joe9000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

could just be motherboard,flashed a few liteons now but they couldnt be recognized in windows using onboard sata with my pc had to use the kids pc which picked up and flashed first time,without altering bios settings.

#6 ceejam

ceejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the responses.

I have tried getting the sata drivers they come in a package with my chipset drivers. I have waited until I think windows is all the way loaded but I will try again and wait a bit longer just in case there is background stuff loading. I will also for sure try iprep. I guess if that doesn't work I will buy a pci sata card.

#7 sp1kez

sp1kez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

My PC wont detect the liteon in windows...I have nforce4

If i leave the drive off and boot into windows and THEN turn the drive on, my pc crashes

The other PC I have is nforce3 and that one detects it fine in windows and also sees my USB-to-Serial COM port but I always get bad key

I did eject, turn off, push halfway in, turn on , put probe in r707 and "get key"

always had a bad key

#8 pogi1100

pogi1100

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:To Be A Real Hacker...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(sp1kez @ Jan 21 2009, 03:54 PM) View Post

My PC wont detect the liteon in windows...I have nforce4

If i leave the drive off and boot into windows and THEN turn the drive on, my pc crashes
The other PC I have is nforce3 and that one detects it fine in windows and also sees my USB-to-Serial COM port but I always get bad key
I did eject, turn off, push halfway in, turn on , put probe in r707 and "get key"

always had a bad key

Mine was Nforce 6. What I did was I left the CK3 off and then turned it on during the Windows loading screen. It kind of froze for like 30 seconds but then it continued. Windows started normally then I dumped and flashed the drive and now it works perfectly.

#9 ceejam

ceejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

I finally got it. This is what I did in this order...

*Start up windows without the drive plugged into the computer.
*Power the xbox.
*Eject the tray all the way.
*Start to close the tray and pull out the 3rd pin from the dvd's power.
*Position the drive halfway in.
*Then plug the sata cable into the drive.
*Then started jungleflasher

I was then able to have my drive detected. I read the key, setup the firmware and then tried to erase the drive. However the drive returned ff51 and would no longer work with my computer. (Not even with l-o-eras in dos)

Anyways I got it working with my roommates computer, and everything is good now.

I think there are just some onboard sata controllers that just won't work if you have a locked bios from certain companies. (hp, toshiba, etc.) I had problems with it when hacking a wd 120gb bev too. It's probably best just to use a pci sata controller or to use a motherboard with a bios w/o hidden options.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users