BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Well you know when you take apart the wii, there are like a bizillion screws and they are all different sizes. Well what I do to remember where they go and I don't lose them is draw a picture.

Yes I draw a picture of each side of the wii where the screws come out. Make it resemble that side so I remember which way it was facing etc. Then I draw a little circle to reference where I took out the screws from. Then I take a piece of double sided tape and place it on that little circle area and put my screws on the tape as I take them out. This way when I put it back together I will know exactly where the screws go. This really doesnt help to much though if you take the thing completely apart. This is just good enough to get to your dvd drive.

If you plan on swapping cases or something, theres alot of screws to go and its actually one of the worst systems I have ever taken apart. There is to many damn screws!

Edited by BoNg420, 22 January 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

There are a lot of disassembly guides with pics to help if you get lost.

Here is a great one by twisted to expose the DVD Drive. It doesn't go down to pulling the mobo though.
http://wiki-scene.com/Wii_disassembly

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 22 2009, 08:16 PM) View Post

There are a lot of disassembly guides with pics to help if you get lost.

Here is a great one by twisted to expose the DVD Drive. It doesn't go down to pulling the mobo though.
http://wiki-scene.com/Wii_disassembly

Yea I know how to take it apart, I just find this easier to put the screws back in the proper spots faster. Some of the screws are different sizes and all. I've seen that manual before, although it shows the triwing or phillips there are still different sizes, etc.

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:36 AM

huh.gif Why can't u remember. I just place the screws that belong to one side in a spindle of my kynar wire, and the other sides' screws in my solder spindle. No, need to draw a picture!! ph34r.gif

I agree that there are alot of screws though. But I kind of remember since I've taken so many wii's apart.

#5 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

I use like 8 of those little sauce cups that look like you get at The Melting Pot. But, I still have to refer to a guide when I reassemble. My personal Wii has phillips and tris on the same section. Other Wiis are setup differently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users