Photo

Is There Any Modchip Out There For The Liteon ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

as said , i just modded some liteon's soft mod but id like to try the "live" and i dont want to risk it , so modchip is what i think is the best ,
any news around about a modchip that you know of ?

#2 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

currently i don't think there is a modchip for the liteon because the flash chip is inside the drive controller so there is no way to access it in order to bypass it without uncapping the drive controller >.<

#3 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

thats what i thought too , but i noticed that it might be possible to disable the internal flash and activate an external one some how , if you have the datasheet of that chip ,you might figure out some way to do it , i think this might be already done by the modchip developers

#4 rfanch

rfanch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

dry.gif sleep.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

yea dude, of course. the latest version of the same ol software as always (released around dec.15), which is version 1.5. does in fact work on life-on drives. so .. I suggest you find a local installer who knows what he's doing and get your shit taken care of asap, like me!

#5 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(rfanch @ Feb 6 2009, 01:01 AM) View Post

dry.gif sleep.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

yea dude, of course. the latest version of the same ol software as always (released around dec.15), which is version 1.5. does in fact work on life-on drives. so .. I suggest you find a local installer who knows what he's doing and get your shit taken care of asap, like me!

I dont think he is after that. That is interesting stuff but, do you have anything in mind for it...

#6 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Bazdoctor @ Feb 10 2009, 02:04 PM) View Post

I dont think he is after that. That is interesting stuff but, do you have anything in mind for it...

yes i do .
i noticed that the i2c flash internal memory chip that holds the firmware, inside the mainchip of the lite on drive is a standard 25XXX chip , the same as the one in the older benq drive , so , using the same old modchip nme2 that was used in the benq drive would be suitable , but as i said i dont know how to disable the internal flash , and activate an external one ,

#7 D2C MASTER

D2C MASTER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(mr2000jp @ Feb 11 2009, 08:22 AM) View Post

yes i do .
i noticed that the i2c flash internal memory chip that holds the firmware, inside the mainchip of the lite on drive is a standard 25XXX chip , the same as the one in the older benq drive , so , using the same old modchip nme2 that was used in the benq drive would be suitable , but as i said i dont know how to disable the internal flash , and activate an external one ,

You make a good point im trying to find it too. liteon drives are simple but complicated if that makes any sence i tried so many methods and no luck. cussing.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users