• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ravidel79705

ravidel79705

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

Here is the problem. I dont know if the video went out or if it was because my son somehow managed to change this.
I was going through my config settings on my modded xbox. I am no idiot whent it comes to computers so i was seeing what all was included in it. I bought it off ebay 5 years ago it worked fine, backed up games, movies, played roms and emulators on it. anywho to the point I went to the kitchen to get something to drink came back my 3 year old had the controller. I took it away from him and closed out of the setting. Well when I went to close it out I realized that he changed it from NTSC to NTSJ I believe or something like that I dont think it was PAL. Anywho when I closed it out it powered itself down because he hit the turbo button on my controller and i didnt notice and I shut it down. Well I went to boot it back up. Now I get sound but no video. I'm thinking it is because it was changed to NTSJ. So the question is how do I get back into it to fix this setting... can i hook the xbox up to my pc and change it from there somehow or what. If I get abother xbox that is compatable with my mod chip can I use that same harddrive or I would probobly have the same problem. I dont remember how the xbox screens were set or how many button pushes i would need to do to get into changing the settings. should I just get a new xbox and use the modchip from the old one? uhh.gif blink.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Try cold booting with Enigmah video mode switch disc. Even if you can't see anything on the screen, just wait 30 seconds, then press either A to set the Xbox to PAL, or B to set the Xbox to NTSC, then remove the Enigmah disc and reboot.

#3 GT!

GT!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:55 AM

I think I may have a similar problem. I get video, but it is scrolling very quickly - like the vertical sync being off on an old TV. It is rolling so fast I can't see the menus properly (but I can tell that it is a menu). Suggestions? Been so long since I did anything to this xbox I don't even remember what modchip I installed!

TIA.

-GT

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

Sounds like you might have PAL-60 enabled. Easiest fix is to find a TV that supports PAL-60.

Next easiest way is to boot with the chip disabled, and navigate blind through the MS Dash to change the video settings. Down twice, A, down three times, A, down once, A, right, A, then reboot. Trouble is, if you have an old MS-Dash, or your box is set to NTSC rather than PAL, I have no idea what you might end up changing!!!

#5 GT!

GT!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 24 2009, 04:47 AM) View Post

Sounds like you might have PAL-60 enabled. Easiest fix is to find a TV that supports PAL-60.

Next easiest way is to boot with the chip disabled, and navigate blind through the MS Dash to change the video settings. Down twice, A, down three times, A, down once, A, right, A, then reboot. Trouble is, if you have an old MS-Dash, or your box is set to NTSC rather than PAL, I have no idea what you might end up changing!!!

I tried plugging it in to a newer tv (flat panel LCD) and sure enough it works! Went to the MS dashboard and verified settings - all looks good. However, when I go back to my older TV (not that old, it is a HD Toshiba projection TV) I get the rolling. Same happens on another older TV I tried it on, so it isn't a problem with the TV.

Any other suggestions?

-GT

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

Change the video mode. Try both PAL-50 and PAL-60. If that doesn't work, use Enigmah to switch the Xbox to NTSC, and try that. If you have a softmod, make sure you disable the virtual eeprom before switching between PAL and NTSC.

#7 GT!

GT!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 24 2009, 04:05 PM) View Post

Change the video mode. Try both PAL-50 and PAL-60. If that doesn't work, use Enigmah to switch the Xbox to NTSC, and try that. If you have a softmod, make sure you disable the virtual eeprom before switching between PAL and NTSC.

Found Enigmah in with the utilities (Slayers install). Bingo, now working fine with all TVs smile.gif

Thanks for your help!

-GT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users