Photo

Elite Falcon V2 Or Arcade Jasper + Live Starter Pack?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nickdc

nickdc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

well, my priority is to buy an elite jasper, but no one see it yet...i haven't found a pro jasper also.
so i need to do a choice now, i've 2 way:

1. buy an elite falcon v2 with lego indiana jones + kung fu panda [299]
2. buy an arcade jasper + live starter pack (hd 60gb + headset + 3 live months + ethernet cable) [260] , and 360 will be like a pro.

what do you suggest me? jasper is really better than falcon v2?

thanks, have a nice day wink.gif

#2 Reef22

Reef22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

That's what I JUST did.

I found a sh*t load of Jasper Arcade at Best Buy today(maybe 40 or 50 of them) and I was surprised to see them. So I returned my 3-day old Falcon Pro and bought the Jasper Arcade along with the 60gb hdd(with the headset and 3months gold membership). And if you do you calculation right, the price is the same anyway. If you want the Elite then just buy the 120gb hdd but I'm not sure if they come with the headset and membership. Unless you REALLY want the "Free games" that they throw in then why bother going Falcon Pro when you can get a Jasper?

So far it's been 4 hours and the console is REALLY quiet compare to the Pro. I'm glad that I packed everything up and returned it.

PS...just noticed your currency... So it's actually cheaper for you to go with Arcade. Here in the US, the Arcade is $199 and the 60gb hdd starter kit is $99 and the Pro is $299 so for me it's the same.

Edited by Reef22, 25 January 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#3 GameTech

GameTech

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

I'd go with the jasper. Unless you are really wanting the black case and in that case just look for a replacement case for the jasper. biggrin.gif

#4 Trinergy

Trinergy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Here's what I did. I traded my Xenon MS28 Premium modded for an Arcade Jasper. Took my modded BEVS WD 120GB drive ($59) and added it to the Jasper. Now I have a poor man's Jasper Elite. Unless you have to have the black case and the chrome drive cover you can have one for $259. The added benefit is that the Arcade Jaspers have the onboard 256MB that an Elite or Pro Zephyr/Jasper does and will not have. So really I have an Elite +.

#5 pingpongballs

pingpongballs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

What *I* would like to know is if the arcade version or pro version can upscale dvds. On the xbox.com site they list "dvd upscaling" as a feature for the elite but not the other versions so is that only for the elite?

Really what I want to know is what are the differences between the elite core and arcade or pro core? Is it just a cosmetic difference, a black console and bigger hd?

#6 orangpelupa

orangpelupa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(pingpongballs @ Feb 16 2009, 02:49 AM) View Post

What *I* would like to know is if the arcade version or pro version can upscale dvds. On the xbox.com site they list "dvd upscaling" as a feature for the elite but not the other versions so is that only for the elite?

all xbox 360 can upscale dvd. . . .

Really what I want to know is what are the differences between the elite core and arcade or pro core? Is it just a cosmetic difference, a black console and bigger hd?

yup, only console case color and bigger hdd. (and the bonuses)

#7 pingpongballs

pingpongballs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(orangpelupa @ Feb 15 2009, 02:03 PM) View Post

all xbox 360 can upscale dvd. . . .
yup, only console case color and bigger hdd. (and the bonuses)

Even the non-HDMI boxes? I have the original pro, always served me well but it is loud and radiates heat like crazy.

If the only difference is a color and overpriced accessories then I think I'll choose to NOT waste $200. I've already priced an HDMI cable at frys for 8 dollars and i'll just use my 20gb pro HD.

One more question, do you have a link or anything detailing upscaling on the xbox 360?

Thanks.

#8 pingpongballs

pingpongballs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(pingpongballs @ Feb 15 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

Even the non-HDMI boxes? I have the original pro, always served me well but it is loud and radiates heat like crazy.

If the only difference is a color and overpriced accessories then I think I'll choose to NOT waste $200. I've already priced an HDMI cable at frys for 8 dollars and i'll just use my 20gb pro HD.

One more question, do you have a link or anything detailing upscaling on the xbox 360?

Thanks.

Anybody have a link or simple chart to show the upscaling info for the xbox 360? I just want to see what it's all about. smile.gif

#9 shiver905

shiver905

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

get the elite,,

Its the falcon v2,, Its preety stable.. Its not the xeon..

3year warrenty....

I doubt anything will happen to it..

+ ITS BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users