• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dycedarg

Dycedarg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. My friend's Xbox 360 has a BENQ VAD6038 DVD Drive that is experiencing problems. It has difficulty detecting discs when they are put into the drive (it will detect a disc maybe 2% of the time,) and will make a buzzing sound after the drive bay closes. I'm looking to replace (or repair) the drive, but upon searching around, most of the information I find leads me to believe that it's not possible to obtain the drive key (currently no softare to do such a thing) with this type of DVD Drive.

However, I know that some of the guides I'm reading are outdated. I was wondering if it has become possible to do this, and, if it has, if someone would be kind enough to explain to me how to do it.

Again, I'm sorry if this question is answered in a FAQ somewhere. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find a concrete answer on this.

Thanks and have a nice day.

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(Dycedarg @ Jan 25 2009, 11:34 AM) View Post

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. My friend's Xbox 360 has a BENQ VAD6038 DVD Drive that is experiencing problems. It has difficulty detecting discs when they are put into the drive (it will detect a disc maybe 2% of the time,) and will make a buzzing sound after the drive bay closes. I'm looking to replace (or repair) the drive, but upon searching around, most of the information I find leads me to believe that it's not possible to obtain the drive key (currently no softare to do such a thing) with this type of DVD Drive.

However, I know that some of the guides I'm reading are outdated. I was wondering if it has become possible to do this, and, if it has, if someone would be kind enough to explain to me how to do it.

Again, I'm sorry if this question is answered in a FAQ somewhere. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find a concrete answer on this.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Read this it will tell you how to extract the key and how to put it on the new drive. It hasn't been updated to ixtreme 1.5 but you can use the same method.
http://www.360mods.n...xtbook.2008.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users