• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HammerSmashedFace

HammerSmashedFace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

SO i was trying to transfer part of a game to my hard drive on my xbox because i didn't have room for the whole thing. What i did was i ftp'd and copied all the files from the disc to my computer's hard drive, then i deleted the levels that i didn't want and transferred everything else to my xbox's "games" folder. Here's the problem though: when i go to "play games from hard drive" in evox, the game isn't there. I think that's because i didn't use the built in application in the xbox for this sort of thing, the location of the game didn't get added to some directory or something.

So does anyone know how to fix this?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

The game files and folders should be in \Games\Game_Name\* - from your description you've put them in \Games\*

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:16 AM

The menu looks for the default.xbe file and adds the game listed in it to the menu.

The problem lies in putting the files you want on the Xbox. You can't just pick and choose and expect the game to run just fine. There are files that can be deleted, but I don't think those include levels.

#4 HammerSmashedFace

HammerSmashedFace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

Ok here's where I put all the files including the .xbe files: E\games\halo 2. Should i have put the files in another folder inside that one or what?
QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 25 2009, 10:52 PM) View Post

The menu looks for the default.xbe file and adds the game listed in it to the menu.

The problem lies in putting the files you want on the Xbox. You can't just pick and choose and expect the game to run just fine. There are files that can be deleted, but I don't think those include levels.

I'm assuming that since halo 1 doesn't need all the levels installed to play properly, halo 2 will do the same thing.

Edited by HammerSmashedFace, 26 January 2009 - 05:07 AM.

#5 HammerSmashedFace

HammerSmashedFace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

Oh ok it's cool i just needed to restart the xbox... it did work, even without all the campaign levels in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users