X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

I bought this disc a while back and was wondering if their was any interest in this.

Basically it boots to a yellow screen. I did a lot of heavy reading on the disc after buying it and I guess it is able to load automated test programs connected to an external machine. Something about connecting a device to the 4th USB port on the xbox.

For me it does nothing, and it does not boot in a 360 if you are wondering.

IPB Image
IPB Image

But if you are into rare xbox stuff I think this is about the rarest it gets. I do not think anymore of these exist in the wild.

Try not to PM if you can, it's a pain to clear out my inbox.

Also if any of you are hardcore with Dev machines let me know I would like to know if this disc has any potential being a bootloader and all. I would definitely consider shipping this out for free if you honestly believe you are the best person to have this disc.

Edited by Lamer123, 27 January 2009 - 07:27 AM.

#2 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

I would like to add this to my collection of rare xbox discs, let me know

#3 gamerfreak1727

gamerfreak1727

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Isn't it obvious?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Did you receive my PM from yesterday/this morning?

#4 sew

sew

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(Lamer123 @ Jan 27 2009, 08:00 AM) View Post

I bought this disc a while back and was wondering if their was any interest in this.

Basically it boots to a yellow screen. I did a lot of heavy reading on the disc after buying it and I guess it is able to load automated test programs connected to an external machine. Something about connecting a device to the 4th USB port on the xbox.

IPB Image
IPB Image

But if you are into rare xbox stuff I think this is about the rarest it gets. I do not think anymore of these exist in the wild.

Also if any of you are hardcore with Dev machines let me know I would like to know if this disc has any potential being a bootloader and all. I would definitely consider shipping this out for free if you honestly believe you are the best person to have this disc.

#5 sew

sew

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Lamer123 @ Jan 27 2009, 08:00 AM) View Post

IPB Image
IPB Image

My husband actually knows what this disc is and does. He has been looking for one everywhere, and can not find any place that has it. There is another disc that you have to have to go with it or it will do nothing for you. It is specifically for the xbox not the 360. If you still have it and are still willing to part with it we would really like to have it. If you do not have it anymore could you please let us know where you got it. We are in dire need of this disc so we can fix an xbox. My husband has a lot of game systems (almost everything) and does a lot of repairs on game systems. He has the other disc that goes with this one and really needs it so he can finish a repair. We would really appreciate any info you could give us, or the disc if you still have it and are wanting to give it to some one who could put some use to it. wink.gif (sarahewyatt@yahoo.com)

#6 annell

annell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

10 $ without shipping costs...

#7 NYCXBOX

NYCXBOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

The disc that boots into a yellow screen is just a test of the xbox, it checks to see if a refurbished xbox is capable of loading a signed xbe properly, it either gives the yellow screen or it doesnt.

This is not a HARDWARE RESET DISC... - Those are full green and they set the Xbox back to default out of the box NEW settings.

Your disc is just a test disc - I lets you know if the Xbox can do it's job or not.

While it is rare - it don't do much.

Good luck...

#8 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the interest everyone, but everyone offered me like 10-30 dollars. I would rather keep it for this price.

Mod please delete this thread.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users