2 replies to this topic

#1 Balbanes

Balbanes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to custom build a gamecube into my car, and i'd like to convert the gamecube from a top-loading disc drive to an ejecting tray style drive.

I would like to know if the gamecube will work with a regular PC dvd-rom drive, i dont want to take it apart and try it and end up breaking my GC, i will if i have to, but if someone knows that would help a lot.

If anyone has any info or can point me in the right direction to find this information (a good GC modding forum or something) i would highly appreciate it.

Thanks again!!

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

it wont work with a regular PC drive...

you will have to modify a tray loading system to work with the GameCubes laser array.

it's possible but it's a TON of work...

I'm not quite sure I'd recommend a tray loader either, you'd be much better off with a slot loader...

Now that I think of it, why not just put a Wii in there... it's already got a slot and plays GC games (and can be hacked to do all the same things a hacked GC can do).

if you're using a GC instead of a Wii because it's cheap then think again... you'll probably spend more $$ on tools and parts to make it work than you would just buying a Wii

Edited by twistedsymphony, 29 January 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#3 Mikesshunk

Mikesshunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Electronics, Football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

I suppose you could do something like this but like he said, it would be alot of work and you'd be better off getting a Wii. Besides, why would you want just a Gamecube?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users