4 replies to this topic

#1 kenx

kenx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hi,
I'm using connectivity kit 2, Liteon and VIA 6421, I did everything from getting the key to the dos part using this (http://www.tiaowiki....title=Main_Page). However, when I enter dos and write dosflash it identifies my Liteon but ,it says flash size is 0 Kb and when I try to write on it,it says unknown flash chip.
any suggestions??

#2 ImRickJamesB1tch

ImRickJamesB1tch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

If you see the "unknown flash chip" then just resend the dosflash W command and it should flash the drive second or the third time round.

#3 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

If it identifies the Lite-On as a drive then it ain't erased, you have no access to the SPi, so ID is impossible.

#4 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

I found that I was getting this every once in a while. My solution was to power cycle the drive right before starting dosflash. I would type dosflash at the cmd and power cycle, then immediately hit enter and it would detect it properly everytime. It has now become part of my standard procedure for flashing the liteons

#5 kenx

kenx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

I did what you posted. First time I get FF80 and then FF72, do the power cycle, then dosflash but still the same, here are some pictures stating the problem.
Photo1
Photo2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users