• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cheggchubb22

cheggchubb22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

Crap everything was rolling along smoothly.
I had just upgraded my drive to 160GB, and earlier today was transferring some iso's straight to the drive via XFER202 which was working way better then my luck with XIT.
Anyway I got about 10 games transferred over before shutting down the xbox and going to do some work.
When I came home tonight I was planning on transferring more games but my xbox wouldn't boot right.
My 1.0 box is chipped with a Xenium ICE solderless. I had the new drive all formatted with slayers 2.7 and like I said it was all working fine.
Symptoms now are:
When I boot with the eject button the xenium light comes on red, the xbox light flashes green 4 times ...then it quicly reboots itself, does the exact same thing, and on the 3rd reboot the xbox light flashes 5 times green then I get the FRAG.
I did some reading here and thought I might be having a solderless LPC connection problem. I still had all the extra optional mounting hardware so I tore it down and did the pin header install.
After reassembly the problem is exactly the same.
I have noticed that if I pull the xenium off the pin header, and then boot, the xbox lights stay green but it wont boot all the way up.
Is it possible I have a bad mod chip? Do i need to reset / restore the xenium?
If so whats the exact procedure?
Thanks everyone.

#2 cheggchubb22

cheggchubb22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

To hell with it,... I had a new aladdin super live laying around and slipped that baby in there and I'm back in business.
Not 100% sure the Xenium bit it but at least I know it wasn't my LPC soldering.
Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users