Magnus Hydra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Items need:
Solder
Soldering iron
6x6x 7mm tack buttons (depending on how many buttons you want)
Hot glue gun
30 AWG solder wire(great stuff you can get from lama) USE more than one color.
De-soldering Braid
Wire cutter
Wire strippers
Tweezers
LEDs & Resistor (if your changing or adding)
Power on/off switch/push button/ micromini toggle switch
555 timer/555 free-form timer (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=666295&st=0)

Getting the controller ready:
First you going to need to cut these parts of the controller and drill holes around the point I have shown in the picture. You can put the buttons where you fit best on the front. Hot glue them in.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Now for the back of the controller you can place the buttons almost anywhere around the back around the battery pack. Just have to make sure not to place your button that will touch and of the soldering point of the controller. Also in the picture you can see where to place the 555timer and keep your rumbles. Also you can put the potentiometer where you wish.
IPB Image

On the bumper controller part cut this of off the right side.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Here is a picture of the wiring of the 555timer.
IPB Image

Seeing that pin 3 goes to the buttons, we will be soldering wires to connect to one lead of every button on the front and the same with the buttons on the back. Donít solder the front to the timer yet but Leave a Long wire to solder on to the timer.
IPB ImageIPB Image

Wiring for the B and Y added buttons. (You might want to use RDC picture here)
We now need to take off the right trigger to solder wire to the B and Y points, since the litter buggers are to close on the front. You going to need to use the De-soldering braid to get it off .Then use the pictures blow to scrap the installation off of the points and solder on the wires. Use long wires for now.
IPB Image

Wiring for the A and X added buttons. (You might want to use RDC picture here)
Use the pictures blow to scrap the installation off of the points and solder on the wires. Use long wires for now.
IPB Image

Wiring for the right and left thumb buttons.
Use the pictures below and push the wires through the holes shown. Use long wires for now. For the triggers solder a wire in the middle of the three pins and push the wire through the same hole as the thumbs in the picture.
Click here...to many pictures on page

Now we have all the wires and all the buttons, we must cut the wires shorter. Hold your controller close to the front or the back and cut you wires shorter.

If you want to power on and off your timer and a LED to see if itís on or off continue reading or skip to the next step.

First you got to figure out which switch or button you want to use. Now you got to figure out which type of LED you want to use for the light. The power wire for the time is going to have to connect to the led and power button/switch, then to the power point on the controller. Ground of the other lead of the LED Donít solder yet.

Use the yellow area for the switch/button and the LED on the second picture at the top.

Now solder the wires to the other leads of the buttons and turn the potentiometer half way up. Once the controller is together. Test out the buttons without the timer powered on. They all should working normal but the triggers. Turn on the power and all the added buttons should turbo even the triggers.

Credit:
Big thanx to RDC for all the picture and the info.
Thanx to phlsphr420 For this rapid dire Tutorial
Thanx to Salincer for his Free-form Rapid Fire Mod Tutorial.

My controllers
Waiting on wire for my other one.

#2 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for the credit smile.gif. Too many buttons imo. But great work, and amazing that you fit all that in there without taking rumblers out. Oh and what is that yellow thing sticking out the side? The pot?

#3 Magnus Hydra

Magnus Hydra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Feb 1 2009, 10:46 PM) View Post

Thanks for the credit smile.gif. Too many buttons imo. But great work, and amazing that you fit all that in there without taking rumblers out. Oh and what is that yellow thing sticking out the side? The pot?

the potentiometer? yeah its so I dont have to use a screw driver.

#4 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

i bet you could probably do this same thing with a programmed chip? like instead of using both triggers use one for the trigger other for crouch! awesome thx!

#5 Magnus Hydra

Magnus Hydra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

My newest controller, can't edit my first post.
turbo off and I change the LED in the charge plug
IPB Image
Turbo off
IPB Image

Edited by Magnus Hydra, 22 February 2009 - 06:47 AM.

#6 defiantduck

defiantduck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:07 AM

May i ask, why are you wearing gloves? Oh and great tut must try it once i get another controller smile.gif

#7 joshtbuff

joshtbuff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

This tutorial is nice although my head is spinning a little bit.

What I want to do now is add one turbo button (A).

Which part of this tutorial do I need to follow and which parts are unnecessary.

I may want to go back and add a rapid fire trigger, but for now I just want to do the A button.

I have a wired controller. I already took my rumblers out a while back.

Thanks.

Edited by joshtbuff, 21 April 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#8 magnus__hydra

magnus__hydra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(joshtbuff @ Apr 21 2009, 04:31 PM) View Post

This tutorial is nice although my head is spinning a little bit.

What I want to do now is add one turbo button (A).

Which part of this tutorial do I need to follow and which parts are unnecessary.

I may want to go back and add a rapid fire trigger, but for now I just want to do the A button.

I have a wired controller. I already took my rumblers out a while back.
Thanks.

Just take 1 lead of the button and wire it to pin 3 and the other button lead to the A pin point of the controller board.

QUOTE(defiantduck @ Apr 19 2009, 12:59 AM) View Post

May i ask, why are you wearing gloves? Oh and great tut must try it once i get another controller smile.gif

I have a static electricity problem. I can't play with an old SNES controller I shock them some how when I hit the L or R buttons.

Edited by magnus__hydra, 22 April 2009 - 05:41 AM.

#9 joshtbuff

joshtbuff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(magnus__hydra @ Apr 21 2009, 11:25 PM) View Post

Just take 1 lead of the button and wire it to pin 3 and the other button lead to the A pin point of the controller board.

So I am taking the timer and basically just wiring 1 lead to pin 3 wiring the other lead to the a pin point. Do I need to do the other stuff with the timer?

Will it be on all the time if I press that button without a switch? Is that bad for it? will the regular button work normally even if it is turned on?

Thanks. I am going to get a turbo button eventually.

Edited by joshtbuff, 23 April 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#10 magnus__hydra

magnus__hydra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(joshtbuff @ Apr 23 2009, 10:59 AM) View Post

So I am taking the timer and basically just wiring 1 lead to pin 3 wiring the other lead to the a pin point. Do I need to do the other stuff with the timer?

Will it be on all the time if I press that button without a switch? Is that bad for it? will the regular button work normally even if it is turned on?

Thanks. I am going to get a turbo button eventually.

yes I believe u need the other stuff. yes the normal button will work. No you don't need a switch. but if u do have a switch the only thing it will do its cut the power to the timer off. the added button will work like a normal button then.

#11 joshtbuff

joshtbuff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Okay I think I am getting an understanding.

My understanding is that I need to wire the timer up like this. http://forums.xbox-s...o...666295&st=0 Then proceed with the adding the button part like my last post. I hope I dont screw everything up.

#12 MiCrOz

MiCrOz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(magnus__hydra @ Apr 21 2009, 11:25 PM) View Post

I have a static electricity problem. I can't play with an old SNES controller I shock them some how when I hit the L or R buttons.

Might I recommend a grounding bracelet when working on stuff instead of gloves. Might be easier when working with small things than have gloves get in your way.

#13 ProCision

ProCision

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

can this get updated with working pics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users