#1 Noriyuke

Noriyuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:00 AM

Ok, simply put, i was messing around with the innards of my 1.0 softmodded xbox. And while messing around, i guess i pricked something or did something when i was swapping the IDE cable, because now the cable that powers the HDD isnt sending power to the HDD, and im getting error numero 8 everytime i boot the thing.

Any Help? Suggestions? Anything?

#2 kireol

kireol

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

Error #8 - kernel - No HDD found

The power supply for the HD is hard to get to when the HD is in the HD tray. I'd unscrew the HD out of that tray, then firmly plug the PS in and try that.

if still no go, i'd wiggle and press each of the 4 power supply wires into the PS fitting.

If still no go, i'd make sure the HD is working by using a nearby PC PS and make sure the everything is working.

That's a good place to start

#3 Noriyuke

Noriyuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

ok, after tinkering around a bit, it seems to me that the IDE cable is whats not working, i unplugged the ide cable the HDD turned on and spinned, so i shut it off and plugged the IDE back in, didnt work. Im going to try to plug the IDE in a different way, BTW, i need to replace the original IDE cable, which is broken, so the new IDE cable im plugging in is having problems as i stated earlier, is there some kind of IDE specification for the xbox? i thought any old ide cable would work.

#4 Noriyuke

Noriyuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Bump, My apologies for this, after revising an overlooked error, i fixed the problem by messing around with the IDE cable a bit.

#5 kireol

kireol

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

none needed.

grats on a working system again smile.gif

#6 Noriyuke

Noriyuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

you know what it was? you know how some older IDE cables dont have that little indent on onse side to confirm your putting it in the right way? i was using one of those and for some reason it wouldnt work it you did it the wrong way, so i copied, step by step how the original ide cable was doing its job, and imitated it, until it worked.

crazy huh?

#7 kireol

kireol

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

The ones that don't have that notch almost always have a red or colored side to them so that you know that side goes towards the power connection. just FYI smile.gif

it it doesnt have any markings on the ribbon nor a notch in the connector part, it's really really cheap heh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users