BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:35 AM

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anybody has ever gotten afterburner 32x to function properly in any version of Neogenesis. I've tried so many versions and roms but when i load AB i get a black screen. It sucks cause this was like a perfect arcade port too.

I don't know if this is true but was reading in another forum some individual "supposedly" got it to work in neogens by opening the rom file up with a hex editor, deleting some line of code and that fixed the problem, but i can't find any info on this.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

#2 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

The Rx Compatibility lists say: no it doesn't work, with the same issue happening.
Check out the lists at the top thread of this forum, if you have any more question or even information to add.

later smile.gif

#3 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(BlueSlingShot @ Feb 4 2009, 12:11 AM) View Post

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anybody has ever gotten afterburner 32x to function properly in any version of Neogenesis. I've tried so many versions and roms but when i load AB i get a black screen. It sucks cause this was like a perfect arcade port too.

I don't know if this is true but was reading in another forum some individual "supposedly" got it to work in neogens by opening the rom file up with a hex editor, deleting some line of code and that fixed the problem, but i can't find any info on this.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

the only 32x rom i know of that was hex edited and worked in neogens for xbox was nba jam32x...id like to see this thread and give it read. biggrin.gif

XT

Edited by XTecuterX73, 04 February 2009 - 08:00 AM.

#4 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Thanks. I tried to find it in the compatibility list but couldn't.

The thread was over at maxconsole i believe, however it wasn't "the" thread. Someone was saying they "heard" of someone editing it and saying it worked. They could be full of it.

I should of phrased that better. sleep.gif

#5 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

no worries , i dont think this person knew what they were talking about, either that or they know something we don't. laugh.gif

XT-

#6 Tulius

Tulius

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(BlueSlingShot @ Feb 4 2009, 05:11 AM) View Post

It might be worth a try, anyone can hex edit a 32x rom and delete randomic stuff, but would be like a hit and miss until you at least not to damage the rom in the process.... first test the game in Kega Fusion emulator (best pc genesis emulator) to see if the rom is not damaged after the hex editing and subsequent test in pc gens (same xbox compatibility)...... it might be fun if you're bored laugh.gif

#7 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Tulius @ Feb 5 2009, 02:16 PM) View Post

It might be worth a try, anyone can hex edit a 32x rom and delete randomic stuff, but would be like a hit and miss until you at least not to damage the rom in the process.... first test the game in Kega Fusion emulator (best pc genesis emulator) to see if the rom is not damaged after the hex editing and subsequent test in pc gens (same xbox compatibility)...... it might be fun if you're bored laugh.gif

Yea i know right? When i was in the pc emulation scene for the genesis Gens was top notch, not Steve Snakes Kega.
I dl'ed Kega a few weeks ago to see it's progress. It is emulation perfection, probally because the guy who wrote it used to work for Sega.

If Xport ever decided to port Kega we'd have true -to- game sega emulation.

Sad thing is, it prolly is just a stupid line of code the rom has to make Neogenesis not run right. The thing is finding it uhh.gif

#8 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(BlueSlingShot @ Feb 5 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

If Xport ever decided to port Kega we'd have true -to- game sega emulation.

Last time i checked Kega was not open source.

#9 WaCk0

WaCk0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

Wait for Final Burn Legend tongue.gif

PERFECT Afterburner emulation

Edited by WaCk0, 07 February 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#10 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:01 AM

mame on xbox emulates afterburner perfectly already or just look for fbaxxxtreme which has afterburner emulated as well.

Edited by xyteam, 07 February 2009 - 03:02 AM.

#11 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(xyteam @ Feb 7 2009, 03:37 AM) View Post

mame on xbox emulates afterburner perfectly already or just look for fbaxxxtreme which has afterburner emulated as well.

Is fbaxxxtreme for xbox or pc? I'm using finalburn Alpha and I noticed all the sega 16 games are missing. It's just cps1 and 2.

Also I would love to use Mame on xbox, but have tried it and it seems all my faves like T2, the Arcade game and Aliens run slow, so i trashed it.I don't get it cause my old hp from 97 ran these flawlessly with no modifications whatsoever. I would think xbox would burn through these.

#12 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

fbaxxxtreme came out 4years ago and had drivers included for afterburner,outrun,altered beast and shinobi.
the version of fba you are using does it just play cps1 and2?
coz if so then that is first version of fba called fbax.you can also play neogeo on fbaxxx.
as for that version you were using it must have been an old version.you need to get either coinops gold or mameox128plus.

#13 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(xyteam @ Feb 8 2009, 06:34 PM) View Post

fbaxxxtreme came out 4years ago and had drivers included for afterburner,outrun,altered beast and shinobi.
the version of fba you are using does it just play cps1 and2?
coz if so then that is first version of fba called fbax.you can also play neogeo on fbaxxx.
as for that version you were using it must have been an old version.you need to get either coinops gold or mameox128plus.

Actually it plays cps1 and 2 and Neo Geo....it's the latest version that came out. All my xbox emu's have recently been upgraded with the latest versions.

I will look into mame coinops gold. I don't think Mame 128 would work well on my xbox because it's still only 64 megs of ram.

Thanks for everyone's help though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users